Thread: Three pane Vertical View?

Question Three pane Vertical View?

Is it possible to have a 3 pane vertical view since widescreens are so common today. Here is a mock up pic of it someone posted.

Will this feature be coming soon? Or am I overlooking it somewhere?

Thanks
    Last edited by nfear24; 01-28-2009 at 01:13 PM.

That mockup is actually a 4-pane view. For our next major release (6.0), we will give the user the option of having the reading pane on the right rather than at the bottom. The need for a fourth pane has been obviated by the list view which expands conversations inline.

Bug 14863 – Three pane view - Vertical (preview pane right)
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

Quote Originally Posted by cdamon View Post
    That mockup is actually a 4-pane view. For our next major release (6.0), we will give the user the option of having the reading pane on the right rather than at the bottom. The need for a fourth pane has been obviated by the list view which expands conversations inline.

Bug 14863 – Three pane view - Vertical (preview pane right)
    Oops, noticed I posted the wrong pic. I changed it now though. Sweet cant wait....

Thanks
    Last edited by nfear24; 01-28-2009 at 01:13 PM.

Default Is Upgrading Easy?

I have just finished successfully installing and testing the latest open source version after getting my questions answered. I LOVE IT!

But I really like the three pane version too (what is the fourth? I don't see it.)

So, my question is this, how easy will it be to upgrade to version 6 when it comes out? Assuming a perfect install of the OS and Zimbra with no customizations, should it be a slam dunk?

Thanks,

Kazooless

I've just started using ZD 1.0.3. I'm switching from Postbox which I switched to from Outlook at the beginning of the year, and it is so refreshing to see an email client that a) has the important features in the first place, and b) doesn't feel that ease of use and power are incompatible concepts.

The one thing I'm trying to figure out right now is this three-pane view. I know it's in ZCS 6.0, but I don't see it here yet. How does it work in terms of ZCS features moving to ZD? Just a time issue, or are the development tracks pretty different? And if it is just a time issue, is there any schedule associated with that?

It's a matter of time. You can check the product portal for progress towards the next ZD 1.0 patches here:
    Zimbra Product Portal

And progress towards the next major release here:
    Zimbra Product Portal