Thread: Progress Indicator

Default Progress Indicator

I have been sync'ing (send receive) after installing the latest 1482 build. The process is going on from more than a day now and I am sure it might be pushing all the mails that had mysteriously disappeared from Yahoo web server back to the server. However, apart from the little moving circle next to the account name, there is no other indication on the status. Even if I see the zdesktop.log (by using tail -f command similar to Unix), it shows non-comprehensible messages. Is there any way to identify what folders have already been sync'ed, which ones are yet to be sync'ed and the current folder/message being sync'ed. Alternatively, is there any way to identify the percentage complete for the sync operation. I can see a green icon next to each folder. What does that stand for ?

The green icon means folder syncing is enabled.

Could you file a feature enhancement bug for displaying sync progress? Thanks.

ezu, this is a missing feature. if log is flowing that means it's still doing stuff. if you want to make sure, send us some logs and we'll be happy to take a look.

btw, starting from build 1482 we no longer need to push messages from local to server when you move messages from one folder to another. so once we push all your messages up, future moving will be faster.

Unhappy Progress Indicator

Quote Originally Posted by jmhe View Post
    The green icon means folder syncing is enabled.

Could you file a feature enhancement bug for displaying sync progress? Thanks.

I have requested an Enhancement Bug 35146 for this.

I have posted rest of my observations in thread Bug 31450 follow up as it will be easier to track and manage it there (as it was originally attached to that bug).
    Last edited by ezu; 02-06-2009 at 12:17 AM.

of course. give us the log and we'll tell you. you can file a private bug and attach that.

btw, 64Kbps upload can take sometime.