Thread: unable to set up current google apps email

Default unable to set up current google apps email

I have a couple of google apps and have been unable to do a setup to email addresses for them in zimbra. When I try to validate them I get the error
    account.ACCOUNT_EXISTS: email address already exists: 9aff10ca-5e0b-43..

I have used the same settings I currently use in thunderbird. Maybe google is blocking zimbra or something.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

No, this means that you are setting up an account that has the same email as an existing account in Desktop. Do you have any other accounts setup?

I do have the same email addresses set up on another server - the MX record on these points to google but emails sent from domains on the server ignore the MX and go directly to the server. Tbird and Outlook handle this Ok but I guess not Zimbra?

Desktop currently doesn't allow setting up more than 1 account with the same email address. We also don't see a practical need for such setup. Could you tell us why you need to setup two accounts with the same address?

I set up google apps maybe a year ago thinking I would buy myself something with their spam filters which I think are really good. However, all mail internal to my hosting service ignores my nameservers and sends directly to my email addresses before I changed the MX records to google. So, all emails and chron jobs within my hosting services network ignore my MX records and send mail to one address and I receive all others at the google addresses. Pretty weird I know.

However, zimbra looks like it has more email client potential for me than anything I've seen in years so maybe I'll clean up my act.