Thread: Managing contacts and calendars for multiple accounts

Default Managing contacts and calendars for multiple accounts

First of all, Zimbra Desktop is amazing. Just keeps getting better every day.

Anyway, we run Zimbra mail servers so for email Zimbra Desktop is perfect. I'd use it for contacts and calendar personally, but we're running the open source version of Zimbra and I have a G1 and haven't bothered with Funambol yet (doesn't do calendar syncing yet for Android anyway). So I can get around that by the fact that Zimbra Desktop will connect to my Gmail account for calendar and contacts which in turn syncs with my G1.

Can I use my Gmail contacts when composing a Zimbra email? The Gmail contacts list neither autocompletes the To: field nor does it show up as an available contact list when clicking on the To: button when composing a Zimbra email.

It would be nice to be able to set a default account for each service - i.e. Zimbra for email, Gmail for calendar, etc.

We don't yet support cross-mailbox contacts sharing. This is something on the roadmap after 1.0. To workaround it, you'll have to first export the contacts from gmail and then import them into your zimbra account.

Ok if it's on the roadmap I'll just be patient and wait for it.

Is there anything planned to allow cross-mailbox calendar sharing or to allow me to set my gmail calendar as the default calendar even though I want zimbra as the default email?
    Last edited by bjquinn; 02-09-2009 at 08:30 AM.