Thread: Feature Suggestions

Default Feature Suggestions

Hey Zimbra folks,

First, I just want to say great product. I'm so happy to see a good alternative to Outlook. So far I love how fast Zimbra is after the initial loading and the great feature set you have. It really is fantastic.

Btw, I love the fact that you can cursor over a date and see all the appointments you have on that date.

I had a couple of thoughts as you are adding features to the product.

First, and biggest is the ability to move Mail to Calendar for example without having to close out the window (kind of like outlook). Right now, I'm reading an email, I have to close the email to add the a date to my calendar. Similarly, let's say I'm writing an email and want to look up a contact to put in the email, I have to close out the email and save it as a draft before I can look up the contact. As a result, I tend to have my google calendar open on the web while I use Zimbra.

Second, would be a way to have a universal calendar and contacts. Right now, a contact I add to my gmail account, doesn't get added to the Yahoo! contacts when I'm looking at my Yahoo! account or my small business account. It would be great to have a universal contact list (and calendar list!) on Zimbra. Again this is a cool feature of outlook that you have one contact list no matter what account you are using.

My final suggestion would be a small one. When you cursor over an email or a telephone number, there is no option to copy it. (You can only send an email or add to contacts). It's also hard to highlight it to do a copy paste function. This is a huge pain because I'm often adding phone numbers to my calendar.

Anyway, just thought I'd give you some input. So far, though this is a great product and I've made the switch from outlook because outlook is SOOOO slow.

Thanks,
    Felix

Quote Originally Posted by catsf View Post
    First, and biggest is the ability to move Mail to Calendar for example without having to close out the window (kind of like outlook). Right now, I'm reading an email, I have to close the email to add the a date to my calendar. Similarly, let's say I'm writing an email and want to look up a contact to put in the email, I have to close out the email and save it as a draft before I can look up the contact. As a result, I tend to have my google calendar open on the web while I use Zimbra.
    Separate tabs for compose & reading (to replace the deep msg view) is already in GNR (ZCS 6.0 & subsequent ZD releases):

You can have more than one open, then switch back and forth between it and the calendar:

You can also 'pop-out' the mail window temporarily when reading or composing (it will grab what you've already typed):

Or set your preferences to always do so - I don't re: Bug 35530 - Compose window opens too slowly

Second, would be a way to have a universal calendar and contacts. Right now, a contact I add to my gmail account, doesn't get added to the Yahoo! contacts when I'm looking at my Yahoo! account or my small business account. It would be great to have a universal contact list (and calendar list!) on Zimbra. Again this is a cool feature of outlook that you have one contact list no matter what account you are using.
    Bug 29660 - Implement contacts/calendars/tasks/pages/briefcases across all external accounts in Zimbra Desktop

My final suggestion would be a small one. When you cursor over an email or a telephone number, there is no option to copy it. (You can only send an email or add to contacts). It's also hard to highlight it to do a copy paste function. This is a huge pain because I'm often adding phone numbers to my calendar.
    Bug 31732 - RFE: Add "Copy Email Address" to the right-button menu