Thread: Copy or Batch Forward email messages between two accounts within Zimbra Desktop

Default Copy or Batch Forward email messages between two accounts within Zimbra Desktop

Hi,

I have two email accounts which I am accessing through the Zimbra Desktop client. One is a gmail account that I was using for both personal and work-related communications (I am an independent contractor), and the other is a Zimbra account that has been set up for me through my primary employer.

I applied gmail labels to all of my work-related correspondance, so it sorts nicely into folders within ZDC, and I have also set up filters within gmail (web) which apply these labels and also forward a copy of relevant emails to my Zimbra account, starting today.

However, I would like to copy all of my old messages from gmail to "zmail" folders within ZDC, and I am having a tough time doing that. Batch forwarding ("select all" --> forward) sends all the emails as attachments in one message, rather than forwarding the messages plainly so that I can easily see the message bodies and do text searches on them etc. It seems impossible to select the gmail "work" folder or all of the messages within it and just "copy" them over to zmail.

What would be the best/easiest way to accomplish moving my old messages? Please note that I am not a programmer or IT admin.

Thanks for any suggestions!

So I guess there is no way to do this then?

If you already have your GMail account setup under the Zimbra Desktop you should be able to select the messages you want to move to your Zimbra account, and then right-click and select Move from the context menu (or you can just drag-and-drop the selected messages).

Thanks for the reply... I tried that, but since gmail and my work email (native to zimbra) are two different accounts, only one of them shows up in the "move" menu. I don't want to move my email around within gmail, I actually would like to move it between the two accounts. Also, I am not able to drag-and-drop because only one email account at a time (& all folders within) can be maximized in the left pane...

Yeah, I see what you mean. I hadn't setup my GMail or other accounts other than my primary Zimbra account under the ZD. Maybe try the regular Zimbra web client. I had setup my Comcast email account using the web client and it simply shows up as another folder under my Zimbra account. I can definitely drag-and-drop (move) messages between the two. If that doesn't work for some reason you could always use a thick email client like Thunderbird and setup two IMAP accounts. This will definitely allow you to move, or even copy, messages between the two accounts.

Default Solution...

Solution: I have two accounts... 1 Free Yahoo Email and 1 Yahoo Small Business Email. I am using the Zimbra Desktop to access both accounts. My goal was to move a few of the folders from my free account to my business account.
    On the Zimbra Desktop, I went to Options >> Import/Export on my free account

I exported the folders I wanted (use advanced settings to select just mail if you don't need tasks, etc) one at a time. Then, I selected the business account and imported the files.

After a quick imap sync to Yahoo, everything was just how I wanted it!!!

Default Thanks!

ojbravo, you are a GENIUS!!!