Thread: Calendars, Tasks and Reminders... ???

Default Calendars, Tasks and Reminders... ???

I've been using Zimbra Desktop on Linux for a short time now, and it seems that when a due date on a task is set... that there is currently no way for YZD to do a notification? Is this correct or am I missing something?

I was also hoping that task would be integrated into the calendar, so that due dates for tasks would be seen in shared calendars... Again, am I missing something? or is it Zimbra that is missing something?

This seems like basic functionality to me. I understand the hurdles of implementing such a system in Zimbra on Linux, but if we could even get something as simple as an email being sent when the task is due... Even that would be helpful, as it is if you are not looking at it when it's due - you miss it. Kind of defeats the whole purpose and concept of a "reminder".

So, what is the status on these features? I fear I'm beating a dead horse here; I can't imagine that this has not been discussed... ad inifintum, ad nauseum. I was really excited when I found Zimbra, I thought it was finally going to be our solution to that Exchange crap we've been living on... and this little tidbit, is such a deal breaker. I almost have to go back to the drawing board and figure this all out from scratch - without this basic functionality Zimbra becomes nothing more than a glorified IMAP connection.

Any news or links would be helpful? Work arounds too, those also would be very helpful. I've had to go back to Kontact for calendar and tasks, which has negated the whole purpose of implementing ZCS in the first place.

I wonder if a Zimlet like the email reminder could be created to provide task reminders?

I think if more people vote for this bug Bug 32651 – Accept exchange MS-TNEF calendar invitation in Zimbra desktop then the feature will go on the high priority list.

How is that RFE connected to the original poster's request? internalkernel has a ZCS/ZDesktop environment.

This RFE is what's called for: Bug 15827 - Tasks: should have Alert/Reminder feature

Thank you for that link to Bug 15827, I believe that is exactly what is needed... I placed my vote for it, hopefully that is something that will be implemented.