Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: [SOLVED] GAL not syncing all entries

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    7

    Default [SOLVED] GAL not syncing all entries

    YZD: Yahoo! Zimbra Desktop 1.0 (build 1513)
    ZCS: Release 5.0.11_GA_2695.RHEL5_64_20081117021643 RHEL5_64 NETWORK edition

    The GAL is available to search when composing a new mail message
    but all of the GAL entries are not available. Checking zdesktop.log it seems
    that only about 500 entries are synced each time the GAL is synced.

    Any idea what is going on?

    Thanks

    --
    patrick

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    830
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Do you see a line like this in log/zdesktop.log?

    INFO [mid=2] [mid=2;] offline - Offline GAL sync completed successfully:

    Also by default, ZD does a full gal sync every 30 days; a delta sync every 12 hours. You can change those values by editing the following keys in conf/localconfig.xml:

    <key name="zdesktop_gal_refresh_interval_days">
    <key name="zdesktop_gal_sync_interval_seconds">

    After modifying the values, you have to shut down ZD service and restart it.



    Quote Originally Posted by landrypm View Post
    YZD: Yahoo! Zimbra Desktop 1.0 (build 1513)
    ZCS: Release 5.0.11_GA_2695.RHEL5_64_20081117021643 RHEL5_64 NETWORK edition

    The GAL is available to search when composing a new mail message
    but all of the GAL entries are not available. Checking zdesktop.log it seems
    that only about 500 entries are synced each time the GAL is synced.

    Any idea what is going on?

    Thanks

    --
    patrick

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jmhe View Post
    Do you see a line like this in log/zdesktop.log?

    INFO [mid=2] [mid=2;] offline - Offline GAL sync completed successfully:
    Yes.

    2009-03-13 08:23:13,005 INFO [mid=2] [mid=2;] offline - Offline GAL sync completed successfully:
    2009-03-13 10:22:19,322 INFO [mid=2] [] offline - Offline GAL sync completed successfully:
    2009-03-13 14:30:27,668 INFO [mid=5] [mid=5;] offline - Offline GAL sync completed successfully:
    2009-03-16 15:30:31,583 INFO [mid=5] [mid=5;] offline - Offline GAL sync completed successfully:
    2009-03-17 04:26:28,773 INFO [mid=5] [mid=5;] offline - Offline GAL sync completed successfully:
    2009-03-17 16:28:51,650 INFO [mid=5] [mid=5;] offline - Offline GAL sync completed successfully:
    2009-03-18 05:18:14,907 INFO [mid=5] [mid=5;] offline - Offline GAL sync completed successfully:
    2009-03-18 07:43:50,265 INFO [mid=5] [] offline - Offline GAL sync completed successfully:


    Quote Originally Posted by jmhe View Post
    Also by default, ZD does a full gal sync every 30 days; a delta sync every 12 hours. You can change those values by editing the following keys in conf/localconfig.xml:

    <key name="zdesktop_gal_refresh_interval_days">
    <key name="zdesktop_gal_sync_interval_seconds">

    After modifying the values, you have to shut down ZD service and restart it.
    I changed the full sync value to 1 day and the delta to 1 hour. I'll post an update tomorrow.

    Thanks

    --
    patrick

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by landrypm View Post

    I changed the full sync value to 1 day and the delta to 1 hour. I'll post an update tomorrow.
    After changing those setting and restarting the desktop it seems to be adding an additional 500 contacts each hour. I am assuming the number 500 is a limit enforced so as not to swamp the server. I am assuming that after a few more hours the GAL will be completely synced and then I will begin to only see deltas.

    Thanks for the help!

    --
    patrick

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    830
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    no problem. by the way that 500-entry limit must be imposed by your ZCS server; ZD does not have that logic.

    Quote Originally Posted by landrypm View Post
    After changing those setting and restarting the desktop it seems to be adding an additional 500 contacts each hour. I am assuming the number 500 is a limit enforced so as not to swamp the server. I am assuming that after a few more hours the GAL will be completely synced and then I will begin to only see deltas.

    Thanks for the help!

    --
    patrick

Similar Threads

  1. [SOLVED] Re-creating the spam training e-mail account
    By richard-hdd in forum Administrators
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-20-2012, 08:34 AM
  2. Howto Clean up GAL entries?
    By langs in forum Administrators
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-12-2009, 08:27 AM
  3. [SOLVED] Enable GAL autocomplete!
    By zibra in forum Administrators
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-05-2008, 10:23 AM
  4. Not all GAL entries in Outlook!
    By Lionel in forum Zimbra Connector for Outlook
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-12-2007, 01:37 AM
  5. GAL not correct for Outlook
    By Richard in forum Zimbra Connector for Outlook
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-07-2007, 12:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •