Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Synch issue

Default some good news

I reset the account and imported just the contacts by themselves successfully.

Now I"m going to export just the mail and try and import that by itself

Default Now Bad News

I tried importing the mail by itself...that didnt work...it complained of a mismatch again. Is there anything in the metadata that links the mail to the account id? Because I am installing on a new server with a new account of the same name perhaps this might be the problem?

I then tried importing the mail without the metadata by doing an export without metadata from the zdesktop...no luck there..the zcs complained of content with no metadata !

Seems I cant win!!

Please can you help provide some other options for getting the server to import this mail.tgz or let me know what info you need to help me...

cheers,
    Alex

Are you running 5.0.15 on the Zimbra Server? That release has several bug fixes to deal with tgz streams

If you have the latest Desktop build (not available on the server side until 5.0.16), then you can untar your file, remove everything that is not a ".eml" file (message) and re-tar-gz. That will import msgs only. This new feature allows you to import eml, vcf and ics files without the associated meta data. It will lose any Zimbra specific data though such as tags however.

If you are quite Java savvy, there is a shell script call zmitemdatafile that wraps the class called ItemDataFile in zimbrastore.jar that can manipulate tgz files for you. This is required because .meta files must always come before the blob data in a tgz stream. The same file could also be created by using a file list to gnu tar

Default Only running 5.0.10

so...any other options? other than upgrade or write code to manipulate the import myself...

Sorry, the import/export feature was not originally planned for the 5.0 server series and was a desktop only feature. As a result, ZCS server has effectively "beta" support for import/export as a "bonus" feature and so all bug fixes that came as a result of ongoing Desktop development have been applied to the server. As an example, the next 5.0 patch will have more scripts using import/export to allow migration between Zimbra servers but these also require the most current sub features and fixes. Your best option is to update the zimbra server which is beneficial for unrelated bug fixes as well

Default next update

I set up another server and created a new account on there....I then successfully exported my account from production and imported it...however this has only a small amount of info - since the server crash. The full account info is still in my zdesktop. So I reconfigured the zdesktop account to talk to the new server...and made it manually synch. It then started spitting out error reports such as:

Product name: Zimbra Desktop
    Product version: 1.0
    Build ID: 1537
    Release type: R
    OS Platform: Windows Vista x86 6.0
    Time of event: 2009-03-30 22:08:16
    Error type: service.FAILURE
    Item ID: 1073743625
    Error summary: push item failed

Failure details - PLEASE REMOVE ANY SENSITIVE INFORMATION
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: renumbering contact (1073743625 => 8884)
    ExceptionId:btpool0-10:1238411296421:d216206e7d3e9fe4
    Code:service.FAILURE
    at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE (ServiceException.java:253)
    at com.zimbra.cs.db.DbOfflineMailbox.renumberItemManu al(DbOfflineMailbox.java:148)
    at com.zimbra.cs.db.DbOfflineMailbox.renumberItem(DbO fflineMailbox.java:43)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.OfflineMailbox.renumberItem( OfflineMailbox.java:342)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.PushChanges.syncContact(Push Changes.java:960)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.PushChanges.sync(PushChanges .java:365)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.PushChanges.sync(PushChanges .java:174)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailboxSync.sync(MailboxSync .java:189)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.OfflineMailbox.sync(OfflineM ailbox.java:140)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.offline.OfflineSync.handle(O fflineSync.java:47)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEng ine.java:429)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:286)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:160)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.jav a:269)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:727)
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(Zimbra Servlet.java:190)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:820)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(Ser vletHolder.java:487)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(Se rvletHandler.java:362)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle( SecurityHandler.java:216)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(Se ssionHandler.java:181)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(Co ntextHandler.java:716)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebA ppContext.java:406)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection .handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:211)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle (HandlerCollection.java:114)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(Ha ndlerWrapper.java:139)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.RewriteHandler.handle(Re writeHandler.java:176)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(Ha ndlerWrapper.java:139)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:313)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(Htt pConnection.java:506)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.co ntent(HttpConnection.java:844)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser. java:644)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpPa rser.java:211)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnec tion.java:381)
    at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(Selec tChannelEndPoint.java:396)
    at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.ru n(BoundedThreadPool.java:442)
    Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: The statement was aborted because it would have caused a duplicate key value in a unique or primary key constraint or unique index identified by 'PK_MAIL_ITEM' defined on 'MAIL_ITEM'.
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.get SQLException(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLExcep tion(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl .wrapInSQLException(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl .handleException(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.handleE xception(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.ConnectionChild.handleE xception(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.executeS tatement(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement. executeStatement(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement. executeUpdate(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatemen t.executeUpdate(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:2 33)
    at com.zimbra.cs.db.DbOfflineMailbox.renumberItemManu al(DbOfflineMailbox.java:66)
    ... 34 more
    Caused by: ERROR 23505: The statement was aborted because it would have caused a duplicate key value in a unique or primary key constraint or unique index identified by 'PK_MAIL_ITEM' defined on 'MAIL_ITEM'.
    at org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newE xception(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.IndexChanger.ins ertAndCheckDups(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.IndexChanger.doI nsert(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.IndexChanger.ins ert(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.IndexSetChanger. insert(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.RowChangerImpl.i nsertRow(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.InsertResultSet. normalInsertCore(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.InsertResultSet. open(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericPreparedStatement .execute(Unknown Source)
    ... 39 more

Default In addition

Here are the reports about mail import:

Product name: Zimbra Desktop
    Product version: 1.0
    Build ID: 1537
    Release type: R
    OS Platform: Windows Vista x86 6.0
    Time of event: 2009-03-30 23:03:12
    Error type: mail.NO_SUCH_FOLDER
    Item ID: 1073746833
    Error summary: push item failed

Failure details - PLEASE REMOVE ANY SENSITIVE INFORMATION

<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope"><soap:Header><context xmlns="urn:zimbra"><authToken>0_61fde5c0d90cb8b222 de83f169be25d07dc04ecc_69643d33363a306638623532653 22d643365312d343130622d383837662d32633030616465313 33130363b6578703d31333a313233383538343035303936303 b747970653d363a7a696d6272613b</authToken><nosession/><userAgent name="Yahoo! Zimbra Desktop" version="1.0_1537_Windows">1.0_1537_Windows</userAgent></context></soap:Header><soap:Body><AddMsgRequest xmlns="urn:zimbraMail"><m d="1090940034000" color="0" f="" t="" aid="77a11ed4-3859-4abb-91a6-1e1a40086cdf:3495458f-c1c4-45ca-8691-a0a645b851cb" l="8881"/></AddMsgRequest></soap:Body></soap:Envelope>

<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope"><soap:Header><context xmlns="urn:zimbra"><change token="14675"/></context></soap:Header><soap:Body><soap:Fault><soap:Code><soa p:Value>soap:Sender</soap:Value></soap:Code><soap:Reason><soap:Text>no such folder id: 8881</soap:Text></soap:Reason><soapetail><Error xmlns="urn:zimbra"><Code>mail.NO_SUCH_FOLDER</Code><Trace>btpool0-31:1238414599681:4a7930c88cc861aa</Trace><a t="IID" n="itemId">8881</a></Error></soapetail></soap:Fault></soap:Body></soap:Envelope>

com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapFaultException: no such folder id: 8881
    ExceptionId:btpool0-31:1238414599681:4a7930c88cc861aa
    Code:mail.NO_SUCH_FOLDER
    at com.zimbra.common.soap.Soap12Protocol.soapFault(So ap12Protocol.java:88)
    at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapTransport.extractBodyEl ement(SoapTransport.java:263)
    at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapTransport.parseSoapResp onse(SoapTransport.java:224)
    at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapHttpTransport.invoke(So apHttpTransport.java:277)
    at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapHttpTransport.invoke(So apHttpTransport.java:226)
    at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapTransport.invoke(SoapTr ansport.java:315)
    at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapTransport.invokeWithout Session(SoapTransport.java:302)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.OfflineMailbox.sendRequest(O fflineMailbox.java:776)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.OfflineMailbox.sendRequest(O fflineMailbox.java:740)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.OfflineMailbox.sendRequest(O fflineMailbox.java:736)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.OfflineMailbox.sendRequest(O fflineMailbox.java:732)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.OfflineMailbox.sendRequest(O fflineMailbox.java:728)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.PushChanges.sendRequest(Push Changes.java:628)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.PushChanges.pushRequest(Push Changes.java:562)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.PushChanges.syncMessage(Push Changes.java:1178)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.PushChanges.sync(PushChanges .java:366)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.PushChanges.sync(PushChanges .java:174)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailboxSync.sync(MailboxSync .java:189)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.OfflineMailbox.sync(OfflineM ailbox.java:140)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.offline.OfflineSync.handle(O fflineSync.java:47)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEng ine.java:429)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:286)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:160)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.jav a:269)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:727)
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(Zimbra Servlet.java:190)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:820)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(Ser vletHolder.java:487)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(Se rvletHandler.java:362)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle( SecurityHandler.java:216)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(Se ssionHandler.java:181)

Default so I"m guessing...

that the folder ID's on my Zdesktop and ZCS Server are different for the account with the same name...hence the messages cant be imported. Therefore the only likely way to get this to work would be to alter the Folder IDs on one system to match the other...or possibly move all the mail from the various folders on my zdesktop into the inbox before exporting & importing.

How can I change the folder IDs on ZCS given that I know the names? Is this a SQL query against the mySQL DB?

What impact will that have?

Can i run any CLI commands against zdesktop...ie zmmailbox -z -m user@domain.com gaf to find out the folder IDs it uses...

thanks in advance,
    Alex