Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Synch issue

Default Synch issue

Hi,
    I have ZCS 5.0.10 on Ubuntu. It crashed and died and lost all my data. Luckily I had zdekstop running which nicely backed up my account. Question is: how do I get my zdesktop data back to the server? It doesnt seem to synch back by itself...

Update: I exported the data from ZDesktop to a TGZ file...uploaded it to the server...then ran zmmailbox -z -m user@domain postRestURL "//?fmt=tgz" /root/All-2009-03-22-233717.tgz

it then created all the folders but didnt import the mail messages

thanks,
    Alex
    Last edited by lateral; 03-22-2009 at 08:47 PM.

ouch. well, the ZCS server really need some kind of backup. zimbra desktop can't be used as a backup solution. if you lost the server side data, then there's really no way to get it back to a state as if nothing happened and Desktop can continue sync with the server.

your best option right now is indeed to export the entire mailbox into tgz and inject that into the server. if that's successful, you can then reset your Desktop mailbox to sync those date down from the server again.

Regarding your import failure, could you check server log to see if there's any errors?

Default Next steps///

So are you saying I should remove everything from Zdesktop first...then import the backup into the server...then wait for it to sync back down?

Default update

I have tried resetting zdesktop...and importing from the tgz file. It only creates the folders...it doesnt import the messages at all. Which logs should I look in to identify the import errors at the server end?

The server mailbox log (/opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log) should tell you any errors that it's running into during import.

Please turn on debug logging as mentioned in the FAQ at Yahoo! Zimbra Desktop FAQ - Zimbra :: Wiki

You can also turn on account debugging in the account setup page. You should be able to import the old tgz into ZD and then sync back to ZCS or import directly to ZCS. There must be a set of errors in mailbox.log that point to why this is failing

Default update

the zdesktop log output is as follows:

2009-03-24 13:33:03,050 DEBUG [btpool0-30] [mid=4;] offline - ============================== SYNC DEBUG TRACE START ==============================
    2009-03-24 13:33:03,050 INFO [btpool0-30] [mid=4;] offline - >>>>>>>> name=alex@lateralminds.com.au;version=1.0;build=15 13;release=RC1;os=Windows Vista x86 6.0;server=5.0.10
    2009-03-24 13:33:03,050 DEBUG [btpool0-30] [mid=4;] request - <NoOpRequest xmlns="urn:zimbraMail"/>
    2009-03-24 13:33:03,199 DEBUG [btpool0-30] [mid=4;] response - <NoOpResponse xmlns="urn:zimbraMail"/>
    2009-03-24 13:33:03,199 DEBUG [btpool0-30] [mid=4;] offline - resuming initial sync
    2009-03-24 13:33:03,322 DEBUG [btpool0-30] [mid=4;] offline - delta: updated folder (11): ROOT
    2009-03-24 13:33:03,498 DEBUG [btpool0-30] [mid=4;] offline - delta: updated folder (1): USER_ROOT
    2009-03-24 13:33:03,507 ERROR [btpool0-30] [mid=4;] offline - sync failure: alex@lateralminds.com.au
    com.zimbra.cs.account.AccountServiceException: email address already exists: 3b2ebb95-c648-41f6-9596-aeeb299e935a
    ExceptionId:btpool0-30:1237861983504:9c120b9999867792
    Code:account.ACCOUNT_EXISTS
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.AccountServiceException.ACCO UNT_EXISTS(AccountServiceException.java:233)
    at com.zimbra.cs.db.DbOfflineDirectory.createDirector yEntry(DbOfflineDirectory.java:76)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.offline.OfflineProvisioning. createAccountInternal(OfflineProvisioning.java:883 )
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.offline.OfflineProvisioning. createMountpointAccount(OfflineProvisioning.java:8 10)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.InitialSync.syncFolder(Initi alSync.java:531)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.InitialSync.syncContainer(In itialSync.java:446)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.InitialSync.initialFolderSyn c(InitialSync.java:229)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.InitialSync.initialFolderSyn c(InitialSync.java:384)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.InitialSync.initialFolderSyn c(InitialSync.java:384)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.InitialSync.resume(InitialSy nc.java:195)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.InitialSync.resume(InitialSy nc.java:179)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailboxSync.sync(MailboxSync .java:182)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.OfflineMailbox.sync(OfflineM ailbox.java:140)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.offline.OfflineSync.handle(O fflineSync.java:47)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEng ine.java:429)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:286)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:160)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.jav a:269)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:727)
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(Zimbra Servlet.java:190)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:820)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(Ser vletHolder.java:487)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(Se rvletHandler.java:362)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle( SecurityHandler.java:216)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(Se ssionHandler.java:181)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(Co ntextHandler.java:716)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebA ppContext.java:406)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection .handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:211)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle (HandlerCollection.java:114)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(Ha ndlerWrapper.java:139)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.RewriteHandler.handle(Re writeHandler.java:176)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(Ha ndlerWrapper.java:139)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:313)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(Htt pConnection.java:506)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.co ntent(HttpConnection.java:844)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser. java:644)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpPa rser.java:211)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnec tion.java:381)
    at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(Selec tChannelEndPoint.java:396)
    at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.ru n(BoundedThreadPool.java:442)
    2009-03-24 13:33:03,508 DEBUG [btpool0-30] [mid=4;] offline - ============================== SYNC DEBUG TRACE END ================================

I tried running the import of the tgz file on the server again...it completes seemingly with no errors...but does nothing more than create the folders on the server. Theres nothing in mailbox.log that shouldnt be there...which log should I expect to see errors and how can i increase the debug level of the server logs so that things show up? Just to be clear...I have all the mail imported correctly into zdesktop but it wont import into the zcs server

This sync failure seems to be mount point related and not really directly related to import. How many ZCS accounts did you create in ZD? If more than one, make sure they don't have any cross-mount on the server.

No regarding import failure, I assme you are importing into ZCS on the server side? If so, please provide server log, mailbox.log, instead of ZD log. Thanks!

Default some results

ok so I did another export from Zdesktop then deleted the account there....then I ran the import from the server with resolve=modify and finally got some feedback in the logs. It correctly inserted all the contacts...except it seems to duplicate those and then complains that I have reached the limit:

/Emailed Contacts/: exceeded limit of 10000 contacts ( as an example from the log)

then with the emails its complains:

Inbox!1/Re_ Relapse-3.eml: mismatched item content and meta

so none of the emails get imported at all

I now need to delete all the folders and contacts on the server so I have a clean account to start again ... how do i do that given that I want to keep what in the inbox on the server?

and should I import the data back into zdesktop, then export it without the metadata to solve the problem with importing the mails in ? or is there a way to specify that in the import command string? Is there a way to get a better understanding of what the problem is? I've tried to attach the log for you to see...but the upload just hangs

A few things you can try now.

1) use the "advanced" option to only import specific types of items such as mail or contacts to prevent dups and speed up import

2) use the default "skip" conflict resolution option which should be faster and not attempt to modify previously imported items

3) use the "reset" resolution option to delete all items before import. This option obeys the advanced "type" option and so would enable you to delete all contacts at once and re-import for example. It won't help the case where you want to keep some newer email though. For that, it might be easier to create a search query that returns only the newer msgs and then export them to a second tgz so that you can then reset. Test the search query in the UI and once it returns the items you want, you can copy it to the advanced option during export