Thread: Password problems

Default Password problems

Several times when I tried to change passwords first on my webmail and then "Zimbra Desktop" via setup/edit then change password; the function didn't work. As a result I ended up having to reset and restart account which caused me to lose all previous filters and contacts as well as emails.

To understand the problem better it might be helpful to test the password changing features to see how it is quite difficult and doesn''t function properly.

A reinstall of the program didn't resolve my issue which leads me to believe its a scripting problem with the program.

As a good practice some people like to change their passwords from to time so this feature is of some importance.

Any feedback on this would be great thanks!

Dean

I can not reproduce the problem you are seeing. Are you using Zimbra accounts? If so, what's the version of your backend ZCS?

And what's the version/build of your Yahoo! Zimbra Desktop?

Quote Originally Posted by Dean_ View Post
    Several times when I tried to change passwords first on my webmail and then "Zimbra Desktop" via setup/edit then change password; the function didn't work. As a result I ended up having to reset and restart account which caused me to lose all previous filters and contacts as well as emails.

To understand the problem better it might be helpful to test the password changing features to see how it is quite difficult and doesn''t function properly.

A reinstall of the program didn't resolve my issue which leads me to believe its a scripting problem with the program.

As a good practice some people like to change their passwords from to time so this feature is of some importance.

Any feedback on this would be great thanks!

Dean

Default Re: password

I am using Yahoo Zimbra Desktop 1.0 build 1513. I changed password first on my yahoo web mail then went to Zimbra Desktop setup/edit then edit password but the password would not reset; It would just revert back to old password when I clicked validate and save. How do I know? because newer password was longer than the older one but I could see it revert back to old pw. If I recall the validate and save feature didn't seem to be working. In fact I was not able to get back to launch desktop using the validate button. So where the validate button should have taken me to the launch desktop button the only way I could get back to launch desktop from that point was to click cancel.

As I mentioned, not being about to get back to launch desktop having already changed my yahoo web mail password meant I had to set up another account which meant losing all my stored emails, filters and contact list from the ZD.

Hope this helps, very much appreciated!

Dean

please try these:

1) upgrade to the latest ZD build 1537 (www.zimbra.com)

2) try to login to your yahoo web mail using browser, making sure your account was not locked up due to repeated failure on ZD; once you can login from web, go back to ZD right away and change the password at account setup page.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean_ View Post
    I am using Yahoo Zimbra Desktop 1.0 build 1513. I changed password first on my yahoo web mail then went to Zimbra Desktop setup/edit then edit password but the password would not reset; It would just revert back to old password when I clicked validate and save. How do I know? because newer password was longer than the older one but I could see it revert back to old pw. If I recall the validate and save feature didn't seem to be working. In fact I was not able to get back to launch desktop using the validate button. So where the validate button should have taken me to the launch desktop button the only way I could get back to launch desktop from that point was to click cancel.

As I mentioned, not being about to get back to launch desktop having already changed my yahoo web mail password meant I had to set up another account which meant losing all my stored emails, filters and contact list from the ZD.

Hope this helps, very much appreciated!

Dean

Question Yahoo account locked

Quote Originally Posted by jmhe View Post
    please try these:

1) upgrade to the latest ZD build 1537 (Zimbra offers Open Source email server software and shared calendar for Linux and the Mac)

2) try to login to your yahoo web mail using browser, making sure your account was not locked up due to repeated failure on ZD; once you can login from web, go back to ZD right away and change the password at account setup page.
    I am too facing this same problem. Yahoo password was changed on Yahoo webmail using browser and now Zimbra will not log in. If I log into Yahoo webmail using browser, it works. It is only in Zimbra desktop that it does not work.

Is there any way to "retain" the offline storage and change the password. I am aware of copying the derby, index, store, log, redolog and reinstalling Zimbra to move offline mail from one machine to another if the location of Zimbra is same. However, that keeps the current password. I am asking this as this can be used to use the workaround of "resetting" the Yahoo account and move back the offline storage to its initial location thereby keeping the mails and other folders intact.

Default Same here

I also cannot get zimbra desktop to connect to my yahoo.com email account after changing the password online. pls help