Thread: Zimbra Desktop and Beermail?

Default Zimbra Desktop and Beermail?

I see that Beermail is done by Zimbra. I am having problems with my beermail not getting messages and can find nobody to contact. I also would like to know if I can use my beermail account togther with Zimbra desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by kfraazz View Post
    I also would like to know if I can use my beermail account togther with Zimbra desktop.
    Yes, you can use Zimbra Desktop as type 'ZCS sync' with @beer.com - it's currently running 5.0.11_GA_2695.RHEL5

I see that Beermail is done by Zimbra.
    Realize that Zimbra does not host or manage BeerMail - we provide the free open source software that they use.

I am having problems with my beermail not getting messages and can find nobody to contact.
    There have been 42 other support tickets opened with us about BeerMail by its users; ranging from outgoing DNS issues, what appears to be more aggressive spam filtering than people were used to on the prior system, some delays in receiving, to no inbound mail delivery at all.

We'd happily assist beer.com staff with their configuration on the forums if they'd reply/drop in; and via the official paid support channels as well if they wish to upgrade from the open source edition to the network edition / purchase a support or professional services contract.

Till then, all we can do is refer you to their help pages - which list contact@team.beer.com as the only method, I don't see a web-based form. (Domain whois information is private registration if you wish to pursue getting in touch with them by contacting the 3rd party registrar).
    Last edited by mmorse; 03-28-2009 at 05:58 PM.

Thank you for your reply. I will try and get a hold of them with the address provided. Is that ZCS an account type I should see when trying to add new accounts to my Zimbra desktop? If so I don't see anything like that there.

Beermail has been down a long time now. Is it coming back?

Its nothing to do with Zimbra as Mike has said. Looking up the domain I would personally say that it has gone to the great domain heap in the sky.