Thread: can't find Preferences to change font

Unhappy can't find Preferences to change font

Looked in HELP, says to change font permanently in Preferences but I don't see that tab. What and where is the web editor?? That's where I'm supposed to find this Preferences tab. Why can't the staff write complete directions??
    And when in HELP there isn't any way to get back to the Inboxes without closing it and then opening up the mailbox again. There's no button in the HELP page and I have no back arrows showing. Very annoying.

Can you take a screen capture of the tabs that you can see and post it here.

Default no I don't know how

don't know how to do a screen shot. The tabs are Mail, Contacts,Calendar, Tasks,Documents, Briefcase, Options. I know I can change fonts in Options for an individual email but in HELP it says it has to be done in Preferences for it to be permanent.

Default put things in simple language

Quote Originally Posted by Ramadan Mansoura View Post
    Can you take a screen capture of the tabs that you can see and post it here.
    just saw what QUOTE means when I ran the mouse over it. It should say reply to message or something CLEAR. My reply is posted under my first posting I guess. AFter hitting Quick Reply there is no message indicating that it has been posted or take me back to the original site or anything. I find your foums and HELp very awkward and confusing.

Options is the same as Preferences.
    this is a name change for the tab in new versions of zimbra.

Default annoyed

Quote Originally Posted by Ramadan Mansoura View Post
    Options is the same as Preferences.
    this is a name change for the tab in new versions of zimbra.
    why does it show up as courier in Zimbra? It's taken over an hour to find out that Options is the same as Preferences yet that is the information given in HELP. It shouldn't be that hard to change the HELP section to be correct.

Hi bellestarr,

Didn't you get out the wrong side of the bed yesterday!

zdesktop is only supported through the forums and the Zimbra employees are always quick to respond and helpful.

You kick off your first ever post to the forums saying your annoyed and without providing even the version of zdesktop your using. Then proceed on a rant

Welcome to the forums, I look forward to your contribution.

Quote Originally Posted by alto View Post
    Hi bellestarr,

Didn't you get out the wrong side of the bed yesterday!

zdesktop is only supported through the forums and the Zimbra employees are always quick to respond and helpful.

You kick off your first ever post to the forums saying your annoyed and without providing even the version of zdesktop your using. Then proceed on a rant

Welcome to the forums, I look forward to your contribution.
    That was the LAST posting. I had searched HELP, looked through forums, done searches and didn't find an answer. After an hour of increasing frustration I was informed that Preferences and Options are the same thing. However, in HELP the directions are to find Preferences and something about web editor...info that is useless. The response was that they were the same and this would be fixed in the new release. So it's ok to mislead and waste the time of new users by NOT changing the info in HELP? Most of the postings are unintelligible to me with references to things I know nothing about, other versions of zimbra that I didn't know existed, all written in a kind of shorthand. I still don't know why I see courier in the zimbra window but I sent an email to another account and it showed up in the font I want. An unnecessary waste of time and your snotty response and attitude are unprofessional. The use of the word Quote is another example of not being in touch with the public use. It should say reply or something identifiable. a quote is not a reply.

Hi Bellestarr,

Perhaps it was I who got out of the wrong side of the bed and I apologise.
    I am not employed by Zimbra just a satisified customer, don't give up on zdesktop as I assure you the best is yet to come judging by advances over the last few years in the web client.

with regard to Quote, in firefox when I mouse over Quote it pops up Reply with Quote, still not telling exactly what will happen but a hint ;-)