Thread: how to set off alarms using zimbra

Default how to set off alarms using zimbra

hi, please can someone tell me how to set off alarms using zimbra.
    thanks for your answers

Can you please explain in detail what kind of "alarms" you are asking to trigger.

Raj
    i2k2 Networks
    Dedicated & Shared Zimbra Hosting Provider

Hi Raj, desolated for this delay, I am liveliness to realize an application of which it exists a checking on a value, if this last attains a precise threshold, it will have a trigger of alert, this alarm is in the form of cubicle message, who will be displayed by the aid of zimbra.
    Please I need help.
    Thanks.

Please can someone tell me how to set off alarms using zimbra.I am liveliness to realize an application of which it exists a checking on a value, if this last attains a precise threshold, it will have a trigger of alert, this alarm is in the form of cubicle message, who will be displayed by the aid of zimbra.
    Please I need help as soon as possible.
    Thanks.

Hi Azza,

I have only ever used other programs and applications for alerts. I do not know if Zimbra can alert you itself, other than quota.

I have used hyperic HQ, which has a plugin for Zimbra. Also search google for nagios or monit. These programs may help you more.

Dallas

Quote Originally Posted by azza View Post
    Please can someone tell me how to set off alarms using zimbra.I am liveliness to realize an application of which it exists a checking on a value, if this last attains a precise threshold, it will have a trigger of alert, this alarm is in the form of cubicle message, who will be displayed by the aid of zimbra.
    Please I need help as soon as possible.
    Thanks.
    Hi..i still do not understand the exact question but i will assume few things and try to reply
    Alerts - i.e based on CPU, HD usage, RAM , Processes, Services (smtp, pop, imap, http) if you need alerts for these things so that when something reached your desired threshold value you get "email" or alert in the system itself.
    Ans: you will need external monitoring done by tools/software’s specially done for this. the best one i know and we use is called NAGIOS (Nagios: The Leader and Industry Standard in Enterprise System, Network, and Application Monitoring) it has lots of plug-in/modules which you can use to externally monitor any Linux server i.e: including server running Zimbra.

Hyperic HQ is good but little bit too complex to comprehend and use effectively.

If all at above is not what you need then please re-phrase your question so we can help

Raj
    i2k2 Networks
    Dedicated & Shared Zimbra Hosting Provider