Thread: Making Zimbra Desktop the default mail handling application

Question Making Zimbra Desktop the default mail handling application

Hi.

I have been using Zimbra Desktop for a few days and really love it. The only problem I have is I cannot figure out how to make it my default email client. Whenever I click on a mailto:xxx@yyy.zz link, Windows Mail continues to open up. I have clicked on the "Use Zimbra Desktop as default mail application" and now it's grayed out. But I opened Windows Mail and the "Make Default" button is also grayed out?

Something seems screwed up.

BTW, I am running Windows Vista Ultimate.

Please help....

Do you have other mail client like Thunderbird? You may use it to change default mailer; then go to YZD and change it back.

Also make sure Windows Mail is not automatically resetting the mail handler.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan View Post
    Hi.

I have been using Zimbra Desktop for a few days and really love it. The only problem I have is I cannot figure out how to make it my default email client. Whenever I click on a mailto:xxx@yyy.zz link, Windows Mail continues to open up. I have clicked on the "Use Zimbra Desktop as default mail application" and now it's grayed out. But I opened Windows Mail and the "Make Default" button is also grayed out?

Something seems screwed up.

BTW, I am running Windows Vista Ultimate.

Please help....

Quote Originally Posted by jmhe View Post
    Do you have other mail client like Thunderbird? You may use it to change default mailer; then go to YZD and change it back.

Also make sure Windows Mail is not automatically resetting the mail handler.
    I uninstalled Thunderbird, I could reinstall it and try again. As for Windows Mail, how do I check if it's resetting itself?

OK....I reinstalled Thunderbird, made it the default mail application, but the check box in Zimbra is still grayed out. I've tried re-starting Zimbra but no change....this is frustrating.

Are you running the latest 1537 build? Please follow the instruction here to see if you have any errors (not warnings) in error console.

http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?tit...splay_issue.3F

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan View Post
    OK....I reinstalled Thunderbird, made it the default mail application, but the check box in Zimbra is still grayed out. I've tried re-starting Zimbra but no change....this is frustrating.

I'm running build 1537. I opened the error log using, but nothing shows up when I click on a mail to link. It still opens Thunderbird...it's like the checked box in Zimbra (which is grayed out) is being ignored.

tonyawbrey Guest

I am having exact same behavior.

Default Me too

ibid....................