Thread: How do I upgrade to the new Yahoo Calander?

Default How do I upgrade to the new Yahoo Calander?

When I activate calander syncing in the mail account settings for my ymail account it gives me an error that says I have to upgrade my Yahoo calender. I click on the link and "upgrade", but I still get the same error when I try to check "calander syncing" in the settings. What am I doing wrong?

Try the following:

1) Go to Presenting the All-New Yahoo! Calendar BETA

2) Click on "Get Started"

3) Then I believe there's a button to upgrade to the New Yahoo! calendar

After which you should be able to select the option in Zimbra Desktop to Sync your Yahoo! calendars.

I did that exactly and I have even used the "new" calender to set a few appointments. I still get the same message to upgrade when I to check the sync calenders button. Calender syncing is pretty important to me so I will stick with what I'm using now. I just recently switched back to Outlook, now that I can access POP hotmail and of course Outlook has Gmail IMAP support. My big problem is Outlook and Yahoo don't play nice and the work arounds are clunky at best.

I believe you are running into this bug, Bug 33755 – can not sync yahoo calendar if calendar is not upgraded at account creation. Which I will reopen.

I'm experiencing the same problem. I have an old Yahoo account and upgraded the calendar *during* the ZD install process.. Perhaps the change wasn't propagated in time... I voted for the bug in bugzilla.

any ideas on when the fix might be in place? I'd rather not do a re-install, which I understand is the only solution at the moment.

Thanks!