Thread: Unable to set up pop with godaddy

Hybrid View

Default Unable to set up pop with godaddy

This may be the wrong place to post, but I could not find anything regarding the inability to connect to my email hosted at godaddy. I can access the following from my windows, linux, and mac computers:

GMail
    Y!Mail
    Domain hosted at hostingrails.com
    Domain hosted at bluehost.com

None of my computers can connect to my email hosted at GoDaddy. I really want to use Zimbra, but after my fourth attempt at installing and setting up Zimbra for all computers, this one GoDaddy problem remains. I am not trying to use ssl certs, nor am I trying to do anything with servers, etc.

Can anyone show how to access my account using the pop.secureserver.net and smtpout.secureserver.net to get to GoDaddy?

I'm getting frustrated at this point and if I can't get it to work I'm unlikely to try this again..

Email clients that do work with all my accounts:

Thunderbird
    Evolution
    Spicebird ( my current fav )
    Outlook ( yuck )

I've been trying to find a great email client and Zimbra looks like it's the one - if it would only work...

Thanks in advance.

What is the error you receive?

Default POP connection refused

Hi, I have a similar problem but with a different ISP. The URL for both the POP and the SMTP server is mail.klasstutoring.com. The ISP is Hostasaurus. I can telnet into the server as well as connect through Outlook without any issues. I have Zimbra Desktop 1.0 (build 1537), which installed without any errors, and I was able to connect without problems to Gmail and Y!Mail. I've checked all the obvious things: ports, userid, password, and they are all correct. No SSL. The error message that appears is: "Cannot connect to "mail.klasstutoring.com:110". Please check host/port and network connectivity." Suggestions?

japf - When you try to get your messages from GoDaddy, do you see a red with an exclamation sign?

What I'd like you to do is, select the GoDaddy account, then in the mailbox search box on the top left (not the web search box on the right). Then type in "$set:debugtrace on" (without the quotes) and hit enter/return. You'll see a green popup saying debug trace is turned on. Then click the Send/Receive button to manually force a sync and wait for the spinning indicator to turn into the red error indicator. Then open the log file <install>/log/zdesktop.log and find the trace section of lines between

====SYNC DEBUG TRACE START====

and

==== SYNC DEBUG TRACE END====

Then attach the zdesktop.log to this post

Default Failure log

Please find the attached log. This was obtained without enabling TRACE for a specific account because the failure happens before the account is set up. japf, did your error also happen during account setup or later?
    Attached Files Attached Files

kosh - Just looked at the log. It's a bit puzzling because the log states, "Unable to connect to IMAP server", but the account type is pop3. Did you by any chance chose IMAP for the account, but specified port 110? Perhaps check the account setup again?

I just tried again after having reinstalled with the latest build (1593). I am definitely selecting POP and am getting the same error. The log looks similar, too. What looks strange to me, besides the reference to IMAP, is the statement "Begin SSL/TLS negotiation now". There is also a bunch of stuff about SSL in the trace stack. But I am specifying no SSL, and you can see that the connectionType parameter is set to cleartext. What's going on here?

Not sure. Do you have a test account on mail.klasstutoring.com that I could use? If so, PM me the credentials, and I'll have a look.

Did you try with the test a/c and are you getting the same message?

Thumbs down Unable to connect to godaddy.com

During "Add New Account" window on the Zimbra desktop, I get the following error message.
    Cannot connect to "imap.secureserver.net:143". Please check host/port and network connectivity.

Using identical credentials that I am using here, I am able to access my email from outlook. I am using IMAP.

The only difference is one is outlook and the other Zimbra.

Is there a known issue with Zimbra connecting to Godaddy.com ?

Please help.