Thread: Shared calendars still not available offline?

Default Shared calendars still not available offline?

I was under the impression that Zimbra Desktop GA would bring the ability to view shared calendars offline.

I can view shared ZCS calendars in Zimbra Desktop without any difficulty while online, and the shared calendars are still listed and selectable when offline, but the actual calendar data is not presented when the shared calendars are selected. (My own calendar does work correctly both online and off).

My understanding was that this was supposed to work with the GA, in that the GA is advertised as working fully offline. Is this a known limitation?

Are you wanting to just view the shared appointments in offline mode?

or wanting to edit the shared calendar. Have a look at Bug 37423 – Cannot add appointments to shared calendar whilst offline

Quote Originally Posted by king0770 View Post
    Are you wanting to just view the shared appointments in offline mode?

or wanting to edit the shared calendar. Have a look at Bug 37423 – Cannot add appointments to shared calendar whilst offline
    Ultimately, I'd like to do both -- but just being able to view the shared calendar when launching the Desktop offline would be a big step forward.

According to bug 37423, editing in offline mode is not possible .

I was testing this today - shared calendars in offline mode. When I unplug from the network, shared calendar info is still visible. That is until I click refresh and the shared calendar info goes away. FWIW, I am using the ZD Linux version. Will try using Mac version.

Quote Originally Posted by king0770 View Post
    I was testing this today - shared calendars in offline mode. When I unplug from the network, shared calendar info is still visible. That is until I click refresh and the shared calendar info goes away.
    Right, that's exactly the behavior I see. The big issue for my users is that if one of them launches Zimbra Desktop on an airplane (or other environment where there's no network), there's no shared calendar data available from the outset.

(Those users are currently using iCal/CalDAV connected to ZCS, which does cache the shared calendars for offline access.)

It seems that while in offline mode, if I navigate from the shared-calendar, be it changing calendar views, or selecting the Mail tab, the shared-calendar info disappears.

I've submitted the following bug report, so lets see what the devs have to say on the subject.

Bug 37835 – RFE: Need to view shared-calendar(s) in offline mode.

Great, thanks!