Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: another mail to: question

Default another mail to: question

I searched the forum and cant seem to find an answer that works. I installed the latest version of yzd on a linux box as well as a windows xp box to test this. I want IE or firefox to open zimbra when a mail to link is clicked. I cant seem to get it to work at all. I thought the link would be easiest to find in windows so I looked there. I found the zdesktop.exe and pointed the preferences from firefox to it but when I click on a mail to link to test nothing happens. any ideas?
    thanks
    Bill

Default not good

I thought that with this being a full release that this was taken care of. I just offered it to the group and now i have to tell them to wait until this is working..... ouch...

Apologies bbarrons,

I should have clarified that the mailto function for linux is still in the works, bug 33042, but should be working in PC/Mac, fixed in bug 34342.

Sorry I didn't clarify earlier.

Default not working in pc

I installed on both a pc and a linux box. I couldnt get it to work on a windows xp box at all. If I send it out to users to install it has to be easily configured. So, if someone has it working on a windows box I really need to know how they got it working.
    thanks
    Bill

Unhappy correction

I can get zimbra desktop to work fine on both pc and linux, I cant get the mailto option to work on either. I searched for the zdesktop.exe and linked firefox mailto option to this file ( on the pc). when I click on a mailto link it does nothing. I tried several web pages to see if it was the link but nope.......
    any ideas?

Default almost

so, I find that I am not looking for zdesktop.exe but zdclient.exe when I changed that it now opens up the desktop but does not open a compose window with the email address in it....

Options->Global->Use Zimbra Desktop as default mail application

Quote Originally Posted by bbarrons View Post
    I searched the forum and cant seem to find an answer that works. I installed the latest version of yzd on a linux box as well as a windows xp box to test this. I want IE or firefox to open zimbra when a mail to link is clicked. I cant seem to get it to work at all. I thought the link would be easiest to find in windows so I looked there. I found the zdesktop.exe and pointed the preferences from firefox to it but when I click on a mail to link to test nothing happens. any ideas?
    thanks
    Bill

Default huh?

At the risk of sounding stupid where do you find options>global at? I do not see it in the admin console. I dont see it in firefox and do not see it in control panel for win xp....
    thanks
    Bill

I was talking about in zimbra desktop. That's how you set zimbra desktop as default mail app.

(btw, there is no stupid questions on this forum ;-))

Quote Originally Posted by bbarrons View Post
    At the risk of sounding stupid where do you find options>global at? I do not see it in the admin console. I dont see it in firefox and do not see it in control panel for win xp....
    thanks
    Bill