Thread: Conversation view - how do I degroup some messages?

Default Conversation view - how do I degroup some messages?

hi
    I like the conversation view of sorting/showing messsages. Very convenient, most of the times.

However, how can I degroup emails that do not belong to the same destination folders when they hit my inbox?

This is especially relevant when the all too often used "Re:" is the subject line as it often means that emails that dont belong to the same destination folders are lumped together in the inbox before they are moved. (And the only way to move individual emails to their respective folders is by right click on it and select "move" rather than dragging it - which is bearable)

If degrouping within inbox is not possible, any chance of breaking the conversation view in each of the destination folders showing only emails belonging to them, without de-applying the conversation view to every folder?

Many thanks

p.s. I would not like to use the filter function as i prefer to move messages myself by checking them first.

Vote: Bug 451 - Ability to manually merge/split multiple conversations

As to moving: Before you drag, expand the convo (open hybrid or inside convo view) then select just those desired.

man, this appeared to be a really old bug, way down on you guys' priority list. I cant see how others are not affected, perhaps not bothered to report it. But this surely is so fundamental in ZD's function and deserves some attention.

(p.s. thanks for the message movng tip, i figured that every time the whole conversation moved was due to that i dragged the last message within the conversation to a destination folder, in which case all has been allocated therefore disappeared from inbox. Thanks.)

If you want it to move up the priority list, vote for the bug.
    Freddie