Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: [SOLVED] txt attachment

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    7

    Default [SOLVED] txt attachment

    We are having an issue with Zimbra Desktop taking a .txt attachment and injecting the text in the email rather than leaving it as an attachment. This causes an issue as the txt file is for our programmers to use. Any ideas on how stop that from happening? Any other mail client will not do so.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,587
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    You posted this in the wrong forum, I'll move it to the Desktop forum for you.

    I don't have any problem adding any type of attachments. How about giving exact steps to recreate the problem and details of the operating system in use and the version of ZD you're using and whether the account is on a Zimbra server or some other type of account?
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    You posted this in the wrong forum, I'll move it to the Desktop forum for you.

    I don't have any problem adding any type of attachments. How about giving exact steps to recreate the problem and details of the operating system in use and the version of ZD you're using and whether the account is on a Zimbra server or some other type of account?
    sorry about that...

    user1 takes a file called test.txt and attaches it to an email and sends it to user2. User2 opens the email and finds the attachment content put in the email and no attachment file test.txt

    desktop version 1.00
    windows xp sp3
    both accounts are zimbra accounts

    Thanks

  4. #4
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,587
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    You haven't got any mail scanner or anti-virus installed on this machine have you? Sometimes products like McAfee cause problems like this.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    You haven't got any mail scanner or anti-virus installed on this machine have you? Sometimes products like McAfee cause problems like this.
    yes we use AVG enterprise edition. I'll try "disabling" the client and see if that some how fixes it. But i don't think we install the email virus scanner on the clients because we do all the scanning prior to the email reaching them.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    did you find a solution for this problem?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    no we sort of just gave up on the txt being taken out of the attachment. I think it's something the zdesktop just does.

    Thanks

    Consider this closed

  8. #8
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,587
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adavis View Post
    no we sort of just gave up on the txt being taken out of the attachment. I think it's something the zdesktop just does.
    That's not the way Zimbra Desktop works. If you think this is a problem then file an entry in bugzilla or at least give some feedback in threads that you've started so it can be followed-up.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Similar Threads

  1. attachment editing
    By borispr in forum Zimlets
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-09-2012, 10:48 AM
  2. Forwarding, and forwarding as Attachments
    By gfdos.sys in forum Users
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-06-2007, 08:22 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-19-2006, 11:26 PM
  4. Message forwarded as attachment problem
    By wildstyle in forum Users
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-20-2006, 05:26 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-12-2006, 05:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •