Thread: no spell check in compose window?

Default no spell check in compose window?

I have zimbra suite installed on 2 servers and have been using the web product for a year now. I started to test the desktop to see if it will work for our users and today I see that when I compose it does not give me a spell check link. misspelled words are highlighted ( not all) but there is no link to force a spell check. I go back to the web version and it is there.... any ideas?
    Bill

You should be able to right click and get spelling suggestions though.

As of Beta 3 / build 1278 we now provide corrections via Prism xulrunner dictionary (it previously just underlined): Bug 30610 - Spellcheck suggests don't work in email editor

In RC2 / build 1513 since adding Aspell would require Apache, we hid the button to avoid confusion: Bug 23112 - support spell check

(Most modern browsers also have spell check built-in should you be using another with Zimbra Desktop. We may throw in a light web container later, or possibly someday run Aspell with the existing Jetty, but adding another server product when there was already Mozilla's integrated checking seemed a waste of system resources and effort at the time. Especially since our Aspell dosen't yet have multiple language dictionaries. Bug 22255 - Spell checker not i18n ready)
    Last edited by mmorse; 05-30-2009 at 09:47 AM.

yes, some items are found to be mispelled and are underlined so that a suggested spelling is there but when I use zimbra with firefox I have the spell check feature and when I force it to spell check it finds more errors. zimbra desktop misses quite a few.

When will this be fixed in Zimbra Desktop? The red underlines are there, but only about 1/3 or 1/4 of the words are actually caught. It's a horrible spell checker. If you copy-paste into Microsoft Word, you get a REAL spell checker.

How hard is it to just integrate a real spell checker? It's really annoying to keep copying and pasting to/from Word. The formatting is ruined, and it's just painful...

some examples of uncaught misspellings? thanks.