Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: sending external emails

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    6

    Default sending external emails

    We are using the Zimbra Mail server in our company and currently we are experiencing a critical issue with the Zimbra mail server. None of the company users are able to send emails to external sites if they are outside the company. Basically, emails get stuck in the outbox and cannot be sent. We used the Zimbra outlook connector also but it is not working at all.

    I would be grateful if someone could help us on the above issue

    Thanks in advance.

    Ali

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Nantes / France
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    did it work before and has stopped working or is it a new install ?
    did you check the logs ?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hocky View Post
    did it work before and has stopped working or is it a new install ?
    did you check the logs ?
    Thanks for the reply.

    It did not. We installed Zimbra connector the latest version first and then cofigured outlook and it is not sendign external emails.

    We get a delivery error message.

    Where to check the logs?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Nantes / France
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    first you may want to check that everything is running with :
    zmcontrol status

    the logs are in /opt/zimbra/log


    good hunt ! ;-)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hocky View Post
    first you may want to check that everything is running with :
    zmcontrol status

    the logs are in /opt/zimbra/log


    good hunt ! ;-)
    I typed the zmcontrol status in the terminal but it is not recognized.

    There are so many files in the log. Is there a prticular file to refer to?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Nantes / France
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    i think you should check the documentation section of this web site, you will find plenty of information in the administration guide

    bye for now

  7. #7
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,587
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyline789 View Post
    We are using the Zimbra Mail server in our company and currently we are experiencing a critical issue with the Zimbra mail server. None of the company users are able to send emails to external sites if they are outside the company. Basically, emails get stuck in the outbox and cannot be sent. We used the Zimbra outlook connector also but it is not working at all.

    I would be grateful if someone could help us on the above issue
    This subject has been covered many times in the forums, you should do a quick search of the forums and also take a look at this: Outgoing Mail Problems - Zimbra :: Wiki - also check your log files for errors.

    Please update your forum profile (do not post it in this thread) with the output of the following command:

    Code:
    zmcontrol -v
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 02-16-2012, 12:46 AM
  2. Pushing External Account Emails?
    By simon_pp in forum Zimbra Mobile
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-12-2010, 08:17 AM
  3. Network Service Error When sending emails
    By san_dutt in forum Administrators
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-01-2008, 01:18 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-13-2008, 10:46 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-19-2007, 02:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •