Thread: Zimbra Desktop HTML/CSS rendering

Default Zimbra Desktop HTML/CSS rendering

Hi,

I am starting to use Zimbra Desktop 1, Build 1593 on Windows XP-SP3.

I subscribe to various newsletters from multiple websites and one of them is Forbes. I notice that when I view the newsletter inside Zimbra, the styling does not seem to be proper when compared to a browser view of the smae newsletter. I get Times New Roman with size 12 for some text whereas if I view the same mail in a browser, I get a much cleaner text and layout. (there is a similar reference in http://www.zimbra.com/forums/users/2...-look-bad.html)

I am including snapshots from Zimbra Desktop and from a browser view (using IE7) below of the same newsletter (same mail). I am using Yahoo Mail for my newsletter subscription. I have viewed the same newsletter in my Yahoo account using Opera as another browser and it renders as expected.

I noticed that when I reply back to the email, the font layout changed to Arial with font size 12. Enclosing that snapshot as well.

The default browser in my system is IE7. I tried meddling around with the font information in the General settings. Since the Zimbra Desktop uses Mozilla infrastructure, downloaded and installed Firefox 3.5 and played around with its font settings as well. But the layout remains the same (incomplete and not as expected)

Is there a solution to this by tweaking any settings files? Should a bug ticket be raised for this?

Thanks,

RamNarayan S
    Attached Images Attached Images