Thread: calendar glitchiness

Default calendar glitchiness

I am new to Zimbra and so far really like the set up, but I have noticed a few glitches in the calendar that are worrisome.

I often use the 'repeat' section when making appointments as I have many weekly recurring appointments. I added a new appointment, went into the 'repeat' section and chose custom, then weekly, every 1 week on monday, tuesday, and wednesday. I added a number of other appointments with similar recurring instances.

I needed to move one of my recurring schedules o I dragged it down a couple hours and the window came up asking if I wanted to move just this one instance, or the whole series of instances. I chose to move the whole series. The instance I originally selected moved perfectly to its new time slot, while the following occurrences disappeared. I need to use this function often so is there any way around this other than seperately moving each and every occurrence?

issue #2: So while playing around to get familiar, I clicked on the 'tag' button and tagged an appointment to see how it functioned. after naming the tag, I selected the tag group from the left hand pane and all untagged appointments were no longer visible (I know this is supposed to happen here), however I could not click out of the tag only view to once again see my other appointments. I clicked a number of boxes and finally after clicking the search box on the top bar, my other appointments returned. is this a glitch or is there a better way to toggle out of the tag only view that I did not see?

Appreciate any insight offered. I do really like the rest of this program and look forward to future releases. thank you

I can't answer your question, but I'd like to add my own experience. I have had recurring appointments disappear before. I had never linked it to a specific action, like dragging it to a new time, but that is a possibility. My concern about these recurring appointments is that when I want to delete them, if I want to delete "the series", I ONLY want it to delete FUTURE appointments in the series, NOT PAST ones. I just had a call from a co-worker asking for this same functionality. It's quite tedious to delete each future instance of a recurring appointment individually, rather than being able to choose to delete only the future occurences. Hopefully this will be added in a future version. (I'm using Z desktop, but my co-worker is using the web version.)

Default Addition Calendar Wierdness

Each and every time I start Zimbra Desktop I get a listing of overdue calendar alerts for the past 7 days or so claiming they are all overdue even though I have dismissed them before and their time has passed.

Also, I wish we could enter custom snooze times, or at least, for the love of god, something longer than 60 minutes.

Otherwise I love it

I'm getting these reminders, too. Anyone figure this out?