Thread: Speed

Default Speed

I am not trying to be impatient, but I just downloaded ZDT for the first time and had to run the install several times to get anything to stick. Then I tryied to setup my account, which took several tries before it stuck. Now it takes me several tries to get into ZDT (which each try takes 5-20 minutes). I am not sure if my install if correct or what? Since the install wizard did all the work and there were few choices along the way. I assume that it was installed correctly.

Any thoughts on how to get the logon to be a bit more zipper? I am using Outlook now (which is a PIG, but way more responsive than Zimbra and stil more of the features I use than Zimbra offers). But I need more personal flexibility on my remote access to my information than Outlook offers (without investing in a hosted exchange model).

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by kane1388; 09-24-2009 at 06:34 AM.

what's the hardware configuration for you pc?

Quote Originally Posted by kane1388 View Post
    I am not trying to be impatient, but I just downloaded ZDT for the first time and had to run the install several times to get anything to stick. Then I tryied to setup my account, which took several tries before it stuck. Now it takes me several tries to get into ZDT (which each try takes 5-20 minutes). I am not sure if my install if correct or what? Since the install wizard did all the work and there were few choices along the way. I assume that it was installed correctly.

Any thoughts on how to get the logon to be a bit more zipper? I am using Outlook now (which is a PIG, but way more responsive than Zimbra and stil more of the features I use than Zimbra offers). But I need more personal flexibility on my remote access to my information than Outlook offers (without investing in a hosted exchange model).

Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by jmhe View Post
    what's the hardware configuration for you pc?
    3 Ghz Intell processor using 8Gb RAM on a 640Gb Hdd with 400Gb freespace.
    Running WinXP SP3.

when you experience the slowness again, please save log\zdesktop.log, zip it and attach to this thread. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kane1388 View Post
    3 Ghz Intell processor using 8Gb RAM on a 640Gb Hdd with 400Gb freespace.
    Running WinXP SP3.

Quote Originally Posted by jmhe View Post
    when you experience the slowness again, please save log\zdesktop.log, zip it and attach to this thread. thanks.
    Zimbra crashing Yahoo webmail. As soon as webmail recovers, will do log file.