Thread: Zimbra Desktop and Sorting

Default Zimbra Desktop and Sorting

Say I have several emails in my Inbox. If i'm on an email sent by a user whose name starts from "S". I place my mouse on the email and click the sender column to sort. It does sort but the places the cursor on the top. Meaning, I have Senders with letter "A" in front of me. With 100 max per page, to get to "S", it will be a lot of time wasted. Is there a way I can have the cursor on the email that I was on? Please help.

This was one of the most requested things in our office when we switched from outlook to zimbra. From what I have seen the zimbra desktop doesn't duplicate outlook's functionality in this regard, however it provides what I consider a better way to find emails.

Taking your example type the following into the search box and hit enter.

in:inbox from:c*

this will find messages in your inbox that are from anyone who has a name starting with c. Now you can expand this functionality to the nth degree of precision to really find messages fast.

in:inbox from:carl* before:10/1/2009 content:google

The above will search your inbox for a message from carl.... dated before 10/1/2009 and contains the word google in it.

Here is some additional documentation on the search functionality, if you stick with it you will wonder how you ever found anything in outlook to begin with

Query language description

My users dont want to use the search function. I want it to work using the sorting. Users can be tough to please sometimes..