Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Failure to get messages from the account

Unhappy Failure to get messages from the account

I have a problem in my account when I refresh my email appear an error, in spanish looks like:

Ha surgido un fallo al obtener mensajes de la cuenta siguiente:

* myaccount@domain.com (falla desde 18/11/09 16:07)
    Error: system failure: Unable to add incoming message,

/opt/zimbra/store/incoming/1258651579788-306.msg does not exist.

Las cuentas con fallos no se actualizarán hasta que se hayan solucionado los problemas.

In english the message looks like:

Has emerged in failure to get messages from the following account:

* Myaccount@domain.com (failure since 18/11/09 16:07)
    Error: system failure: Unable to add incoming message,

/ opt/zimbra/store/incoming/1258651579788-306.msg does not exist.

Accounts with faults will not be updated until they have solved the problems.

Please somebody can help me?...

I have the same issue. How did you resolve this?

The following fixed the problem for me:

Code:
    su zimbra
    zmcontrol stop
    Once the services have stopped exit to root and:

Code:
    /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmfixperms --extended
    Then ...

Code:
    su zimbra
    zmcontrol start
    Not sure what initally caused the problem and it was only present for a single account. However, this fixed the issue.

Hope that helps anyone else.

Cheers,

Rob

I experienced the same problem on one account, and the solution proposed didn't fix it... after few days it showed up again. Could there be a different cause?

Yeah we are having the same problem with one user.

They have an external account setup to POP into their zimbra account and delete from their external account.

Problem is the message gets downloaded without getting deleted, then at every poll the message gets downloaded again.

I have the same Problem as explained above. Is it possible to delete this .msg file mnually? Or how do we fix that?

I tried to destroy and recreate the user account, reconfigure the pop external source but on one account and on only on that one the problem is still there.

The problem survived also a server and os move (I migrated the installation from an ubuntu server to a centos one, following a good guide here in the forum).

I'm posting what is logged on /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log in the hope that someone can help me solve the problem. I've "cleaned" the log replacing real names with fake ones.

Code:
    2011-01-07 00:06:14,918 INFO  [ScheduledTask-4] [name=username@mydomain.com;mid=8;ds=DATASOURCE_NAME;] cache - initializing folder and tag caches for mailbox 8
    2011-01-07 00:06:14,921 INFO  [ScheduledTask-4] [name=username@mydomain.com;mid=8;ds=DATASOURCE_NAME;] filter - Unable to file message to Inbox/Extra FOLDER/Folder Name.  Filing to /Inbox instead.
    com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: Unable to add message
    ExceptionId:ScheduledTask-4:1294355174918:e25e14d8a8584bda
    Code:service.FAILURE
    	at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE(ServiceException.java:248)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.filter.FilterUtil.addMessage(FilterUtil.java:289)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.filter.IncomingMessageHandler.fileInto(IncomingMessageHandler.java:83)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.filter.ZimbraMailAdapter.fileInto(ZimbraMailAdapter.java:323)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.filter.ZimbraMailAdapter.executeActions(ZimbraMailAdapter.java:200)
    	at org.apache.jsieve.SieveFactory.evaluate(SieveFactory.java:164)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.filter.RuleManager.applyRulesToIncomingMessage(RuleManager.java:349)<
    	at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.Pop3Sync.fetchAndAddMessage(Pop3Sync.java:250)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.Pop3Sync.fetchAndDeleteMessages(Pop3Sync.java:198)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.Pop3Sync.importData(Pop3Sync.java:142)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.DataSourceManager.importData(DataSourceManager.java:254)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.DataSourceManager.importData(DataSourceManager.java:214)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.DataSourceTask.call(DataSourceTask.java:82)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.DataSourceTask.call(DataSourceTask.java:28)
    	at com.zimbra.common.util.TaskScheduler$TaskRunner.call(TaskScheduler.java:96)
    	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
    	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
    	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:98)
    	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:206)
    	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
    	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
    Caused by: java.io.IOException: /opt/zimbra/store/incoming/1294352341438-247.msg does not exist.
    	at com.zimbra.cs.store.file.FileBlobStore.link(FileBlobStore.java:170)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.store.file.FileBlobStore.link(FileBlobStore.java:163)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.store.file.FileBlobStore.link(FileBlobStore.java:44)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.addMessageInternal(Mailbox.java:4688)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.addMessage(Mailbox.java:4432)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.addMessage(Mailbox.java:4365)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.addMessage(Mailbox.java:4313)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.filter.FilterUtil.addMessage(FilterUtil.java:282)
    	... 20 more
    2011-01-07 00:06:14,923 INFO  [ScheduledTask-4] [name=username@mydomain.com;mid=8;ds=DATASOURCE_NAME;] mailop - Adding Message: id=81419, Message-ID=<002a01cbac29$13d390e0$2f31a8c0@aname.locale>, parentId=81059, folderId=2, folderName=Inbox.
    2011-01-07 00:06:14,925 ERROR [ScheduledTask-4] [name=username@mydomain.com;mid=8;ds=DATASOURCE_NAME;] jsieve - Evaluation failed. Reason: null
    2011-01-07 00:06:14,925 INFO  [ScheduledTask-4] [name=username@mydomain.com;mid=8;ds=DATASOURCE_NAME;] cache - initializing folder and tag caches for mailbox 8
    2011-01-07 00:06:14,929 WARN  [ScheduledTask-4] [name=username@mydomain.com;mid=8;ds=DATASOURCE_NAME;] filter - An error occurred while processing filter rules. Filing message to /Inbox.
    com.zimbra.cs.filter.ZimbraSieveException
    	at com.zimbra.cs.filter.ZimbraMailAdapter.executeActions(ZimbraMailAdapter.java:225)
    	at org.apache.jsieve.SieveFactory.evaluate(SieveFactory.java:164)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.filter.RuleManager.applyRulesToIncomingMessage(RuleManager.java:349)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.DataSourceManager.importData(DataSourceManager.java:254)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.DataSourceManager.importData(DataSourceManager.java:214)
    	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:98)
    	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:206)
    	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
    	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
    Caused by: com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: Unable to add incoming message
    ExceptionId:ScheduledTask-4:1294355174925:e25e14d8a8584bda
    	at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE(ServiceException.java:248)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.filter.IncomingMessageHandler.addMessage(IncomingMessageHandler.java:116)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.filter.IncomingMessageHandler.explicitKeep(IncomingMessageHandler.java:77)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.filter.ZimbraMailAdapter.explicitKeep(ZimbraMailAdapter.java:304)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.filter.ZimbraMailAdapter.executeActions(ZimbraMailAdapter.java:205)
    	... 17 more
    Caused by: java.io.IOException: /opt/zimbra/store/incoming/1294352341438-247.msg does not exist.
    	at com.zimbra.cs.filter.IncomingMessageHandler.addMessage(IncomingMessageHandler.java:113)
    	... 20 more
    2011-01-07 00:06:14,931 INFO  [ScheduledTask-4] [name=username@mydomain.com;mid=8;ds=DATASOURCE_NAME;] mailop - Adding Message: id=81419, Message-ID=<002a01cbac29$13d390e0$2f31a8c0@aname.locale>, parentId=81059, folderId=2, folderName=Inbox.
    2011-01-07 00:06:14,985 INFO  [ScheduledTask-4] [name=username@mydomain.com;mid=8;ds=DATASOURCE_NAME;] datasource - Import completed for data source 'DATASOURCE_NAME'
    2011-01-07 00:06:14,985 WARN  [ScheduledTask-4] [name=username@mydomain.com;mid=8;ds=DATASOURCE_NAME;] datasource - Scheduled DataSource import failed.
    com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: Unable to add incoming message
    ExceptionId:ScheduledTask-4:1294355174933:e25e14d8a8584bda
    	at com.zimbra.cs.filter.IncomingMessageHandler.addMessage(IncomingMessageHandler.java:116)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.filter.IncomingMessageHandler.implicitKeep(IncomingMessageHandler.java:106)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.filter.ZimbraMailAdapter.doDefaultFiling(ZimbraMailAdapter.java:283)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.filter.RuleManager.applyRulesToIncomingMessage(RuleManager.java:364)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.filter.IncomingMessageHandler.addMessage(IncomingMessageHandler.java:113)
    	... 18 more
    2011-01-07 00:06:42,680 INFO  [MailboxPurge] [name=ham.9j6plubn@zimbra.mydomain.com;mid=6;] purge - Purging messages.
    2011-01-07 00:07:44,742 INFO  [MailboxPurge] [name=username@mydomain.com;mid=8;] purge - Purging messages.
    To get the account with the problem to work again, I need to log into the webmail of the external serverice where I connect using the pop account and delete the message which keeps being downloaded producing the logs above. After that, I need to restart the whole zimbra service (it's a problem for the other users, since this can happen even more than 5 times in a day!) and then zimbra seems to work again as expected... until the next blocking message.

If this info can be of any help, the server runs on a virtual machine inside a esx system with two xeons reserved and 4GB of RAM.

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

After some testing and log reading, I came to the conclusion that maybe in my case the problem could be generated by filters. The user who had the problem used a lot of filters and a lot of nested folders (a message could be filtered more than one time, depending on the sender and other criterions), in some cases where more filters could be applied the message remained stuck, and the pop server never received the delete command, causing the never-ending download of the message. I checked the filters, and they seemd to be correct (in particular the option "don't process other filters" - I have the italian version of the UI, don't know if in English it is the correct translation). As of now, after I disabled the filters, for two days I haven't experienced again the error (I had it daily, often more than one time a day).

I'm writing to know if other people who experienced the problem had a similar configuration (lot of filters, or at least some filters which could clash and some nested folders), so -maybe- in that case a bug report could be created (I expect the program to warn me if filters are creating problems, or at least put the message in a folder and stop the filters if they can't work well instead of blocking the message and forcing me to restart the service).

Thanks in advance for the answers!
    Last edited by sebastian_ita; 01-17-2011 at 06:08 AM.

Hi Sebastian,

Yes sounds familiar, our user had lots of filters and nested folders. However, can't confirm if removing the filters made any difference. As we converted the external POP account to IMAP and this has stoppped the duplication issue.

Hi Scohol,

On the same user with the problem described here I had to use the pop3 because with the zimbra version I used at the time (6.0.6 or 6.0.7 I think...) some messages on the imap server disappeared. I thought about a combination of filters on both the zimbra server and the external imap, but even disabling all filters on both ends some messages disappeared shortly after being received.

I never sorted out what happend, but since I was interested in downloading the mails from the server via pop I didn't bother much.

Then the user began to create a lot of filters and subfolders until one day (on zimbra 6.0.9 I think) the problem here described showed itself.
    Last edited by sebastian_ita; 01-18-2011 at 10:28 AM.