We've been using ZCS and ZD for a year now and our users were having a positive experience with it.
If not much to ask, I would like the next Zimbra Desktop 2.0 with the following issues fixed and features included.
1. Zimbra Desktop has a signature limit of 1024 characters only if using it against gmail, or other non ZCS server. It would be nice if there is an option to change max signature length in ZD other than manually editing the zimbra-attrs.xml in the zdesktop/conf/attrs folder.
2. I wish ZD would include the IM client found in the ZCS Web Client.
3. Support for multiple user.
4. Support user installation and deployment of zimlets.
5. Include features found in ZCS 6.0.
I would like ZD's experience to be like ZCS Web Client.