Thread: Export from Zimbra to new mail client

Default Export from Zimbra to new mail client

I have been using yahoo mail for a long time and recently have been using zimbra desktop and have stored thousands of messages in folders in my yahoo mail over the years. I am moving to a new mail client and would like to be able to export everything and then import it into the new mail client.

I was looking at the export feature but it creates a gzip file which outlook will not import. I would like to keep all of my folders with emails intact and just be able to export them from zimbra to outlook.

I saw you could do single folders, but I have over 250 folders...

Any ideas how to achieve this?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pdavidson View Post
    I have been using yahoo mail for a long time and recently have been using zimbra desktop and have stored thousands of messages in folders in my yahoo mail over the years. I am moving to a new mail client and would like to be able to export everything and then import it into the new mail client.

I was looking at the export feature but it creates a gzip file which outlook will not import. I would like to keep all of my folders with emails intact and just be able to export them from zimbra to outlook.

I saw you could do single folders, but I have over 250 folders...

Any ideas how to achieve this?

Thanks
    Hi, I am having the same issue! Did you get any responses yet? This is a huge issue, and I am not sure there is any resolution for it, unless a) Yahoo provides IMAP access to the mail, or b) there is a custom app created to handle this.

Just so you know, I've done TONS of research on this, and so far, there are only 2 options I have found:
    1) Use ypops to get it done.
    2) use izymail to get it done.

However, I don't trust either of those two options with my very personal email, so, have been waiting for Yahoo to give us access to our own email! Any thoughts, or ideas???

Default havent gotten anything ...

I have been doing a lot of research also, and so far haven't got a solution yet. I wish as you said yahoo would give us imap access... zimbra has it, but we can't do it from any other client...

If we could I could move the data easy!

If you or anyone else hears anything let me know, I will do the same.

Thanks

Thanks! Will do! And I will keep searching!

Default Maybe a resolution!!!

Hey Mr. Davidson, I think I found a solution!!!

Actually, someone else found it...but, I haven't tried it yet because my email is still downloading off of my yahoo account, but, maybe you can try it out too...as I will later, when my account finishes downloading! From the simple logic of it, and being fairly technical myself, I think it will work! I can't wait to try after my email finishes downloading!

This is the solution, I found it in the Zimbra forum...at this link:
    http://www.zimbra.com/forums/general...a-desktop.html

Solution: I have two accounts... 1 Free Yahoo Email and 1 Yahoo Small Business Email. I am using the Zimbra Desktop to access both accounts. My goal was to move a few of the folders from my free account to my business account.
    On the Zimbra Desktop, I went to Options >> Import/Export on my free account

I exported the folders I wanted (use advanced settings to select just mail if you don't need tasks, etc) one at a time. Then, I selected the business account and imported the files.

After a quick imap sync to Yahoo, everything was just how I wanted it!!!