Thread: SSL connection failure. Please check host and port settings.

Default SSL connection failure. Please check host and port settings.

Hi,

Any idea how does the error appears? We have Google Apps Standard account and since it is like gmail I usually add this to Zimbra Desktop using the already preconfigured account type "Gmail". Most of the time this setting work flawless until one of the users got this error message while synchronizing with the gmail server. "SSL connection failure. Please check host and port settings." I wonder how this happen since if you would add a Gmail account on Zimbra Desktop theres not much to configure other than your password and email address.

Is this a bug or I just need to reinstall Zimbra Desktop again and resync the account?

Another thing:

PC1 has Zimbra desktop installed into the path "D:\zdesktop". PC2 has no Zimbra desktop. Then I copy and paste the folder "\zdesktop" into PC2 in the path "C:\zdesktop". Afterwards I install Zimbra desktop to PC2 in the same path where I copied the Zimbra desktop files I've got from PC1. Then I start Zimbra desktop in PC2 and voila!! All emails from PC1 where transfered to PC2, exactly the same thing with sync working.

Is this a feature or a bug? For us in the IT department it saves us time since we will not going to add the mail signatures & mail filters again. (Which is not exported using the Import/Export function).

Bottomline:
    In addition to the SSL error above, is there a way to prevent unauthorized replication or duplication of mails. Also is there a way to save and export mail signatures and mail filters?

Thanks. Looking forward to Zimbra Desktop 2.0

SSL Error:
    Does it happen for this user every time you try to access the account, from any computer? Or just the one computer? Is IMAP access disabled for that user?

File Copy:
    The only way to prevent "unauthorized duplication" would be the same way you prevent unauthorized copying of any other filers: prevent users from having access to places to put those files. beyond that there are a few things you could do, all depending on how restrictive you really want to get...

Signatures/Filters:
    If you are connecting to a Zimbra server I believe those are synced to the server. For other account types I think this is stored in the derby database located at <zd install path>\derby but I could easily be wrong

SSL Error:
    I forgot to mention, the said user has no problem accessing their google aps thru zimbra desktop before. Also I could not add the said account if I haven't enable IMAP access in the first place. I mean this error randomly encountered by other users as well. It is only resolved when I delete the account on zimbra desktop and then add it again. Maybe thats way it indicates that the Gmail account is still a beta service. It has few bugs.

Signature/Filters:
    The signature/filters I was mentioning was when you are not syncing or using a ZCS server as your backend. I mean this could be quite benifecial if you could save your previous filters and signatures settings so that you could import it again after deleting and then adding the account as in the case of google aps, whenever it encounters the SSL error. I hope for this feature to be included in upcoming Zimbra Desktop 2.0

File Copy:
    I gues thats about it. Anyways that kind of approach is easy on us since we do not need to import the whole account again whenever we reformat any user's PC. We handle a group of companies and there are companies using ZCS 6 and others using Google Apps. But all of them uses Zimbra Desktop as their email client. This file copy thing is a good workaround for us on companies using the Google Apps.

Actually after 5 years or so, Gmail is finally out of beta

Do you happen to have the exact error it is giving? Could you post the part of the log that shows the error?

As for the signatures you could file a RFE on Bugzilla Main Page - Zimbra if you don't find it there already. If you do please post a link here so people searching can find it.

Sorry for the late reply, this is the error message. We're using ZD 1.04.

SSL connection failure. Please check host and port settings.

Debug message: SSL peer shut down incorrectly

Exception:

com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: Synchronization of folder '/Inbox' failed
    ExceptionId:mid=3:1281503210297:69c25b9652e1a801
    Code:service.FAILURE
    at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE (ServiceException.java:253)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.syncFailed(ImapS ync.java:298)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.syncMessages(Ima pSync.java:260)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.syncFolders(Imap Sync.java:195)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.importData(ImapS ync.java:152)
    at com.zimbra.cs.offline.OfflineImport.importData(Off lineImport.java:88)
    at com.zimbra.cs.offline.GMailImport.importData(GMail Import.java:52)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.DataSourceManager.importD ata(DataSourceManager.java:157)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.importData(Loca lMailbox.java:417)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.syncAllLocalDat aSources(LocalMailbox.java:389)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.sync(LocalMailb ox.java:431)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.LocalMailbox.syncOnTimer(Loc alMailbox.java:361)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.DesktopMailbox$1.run(Desktop Mailbox.java:437)
    at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: SSL peer shut down incorrectly
    at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.InputRecord.readV3Rec ord(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.InputRecord.read(Unkn own Source)
    at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRec ord(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readDat aRecord(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.AppInputStream.read(U nknown Source)
    at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(Unknown Source)
    at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(Unknown Source)
    at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.util.Io.copyBytes(Io.java :44)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapInputStream.read Literal(ImapInputStream.java:215)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapInputStream.read Literal(ImapInputStream.java:199)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapInputStream.read AStringData(ImapInputStream.java:114)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapInputStream.read NStringData(ImapInputStream.java:94)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.Body.readBody(Body.j ava:66)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.Body.read(Body.java: 47)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.MessageData.readAttr ibute(MessageData.java:103)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.MessageData.readResp onse(MessageData.java:86)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.MessageData.read(Mes sageData.java:75)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapResponse.readUnt agged(ImapResponse.java:108)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapResponse.readRes ponse(ImapResponse.java:53)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapResponse.read(Im apResponse.java:41)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapConnection.readR esponse(ImapConnection.java:628)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapConnection.nextR esponse(ImapConnection.java:622)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapConnection.waitF orResponse(ImapConnection.java:541)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapConnection.sendR equest(ImapConnection.java:475)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapRequest.send(Ima pRequest.java:77)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapRequest.sendChec kStatus(ImapRequest.java:81)
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.imap.ImapConnection.uidFe tch(ImapConnection.java:297)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.fetchMessa ges(ImapFolderSync.java:927)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.fetchMessa ges(ImapFolderSync.java:862)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapFolderSync.syncMessag es(ImapFolderSync.java:247)
    at com.zimbra.cs.datasource.ImapSync.syncMessages(Ima pSync.java:257)