Thread: [SOLVED] Social Zimlet on Zimbra Desktop

Default [SOLVED] Social Zimlet on Zimbra Desktop

Is it possible to deploy Zimbra Social Zimlet on Zimbra Desktop?

Please find the zimlet-social zip file attached. To install zimbra-social, following the following steps:

1. find your zimlets folder.
    macos - ~/Library/Zimbra Desktop/zimlets/
    xp - C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop\zimlets\
    vista/7 - C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop\zimlets\

2. copy the attached zimlet zip file to that zimlets folder.

3. restart the ZD data engine. You need to right click doc icon (mac) or tray icon (win) and select "Shutdown Service...", and confirm you want to shutdown. Then run ZD again.

4. when the UI relaunches, you should now see the zimbra social tab. note that enabling zimbra social will increase UI load time. To disable it, go the preferences -> zimlets and check it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Solved

It works! Thanks a lot.

Hi,
    I tried it with the new Zimbra Desktop 2.0 Beta.
    And couldīt get it working...
    Is it not supported yet for the new version?

Question Did they reply?

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaWoe View Post
    Hi,
    I tried it with the new Zimbra Desktop 2.0 Beta.
    And couldīt get it working...
    Is it not supported yet for the new version?
    I too, am curious about this.

Quote Originally Posted by jjzhuang View Post
    Please find the zimlet-social zip file attached. To install zimbra-social, following the following steps:

1. find your zimlets folder.
    macos - ~/Library/Zimbra Desktop/zimlets/
    xp - C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop\zimlets\
    vista/7 - C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop\zimlets\

2. copy the attached zimlet zip file to that zimlets folder.

3. restart the ZD data engine. You need to right click doc icon (mac) or tray icon (win) and select "Shutdown Service...", and confirm you want to shutdown. Then run ZD again.

4. when the UI relaunches, you should now see the zimbra social tab. note that enabling zimbra social will increase UI load time. To disable it, go the preferences -> zimlets and check it.
    still trying to get these zimlets to work - i have done what you suggested ... in Xp ... i have placed the zimlet zip files (unzipped) in the folder >>>> C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop\zimlets\

in the zimlets folder i have the following zip files >>> Birthday reminder, Email reminder, social, sticky notes, wikipedia, ycurrency, yflickr, ymaps, dnd ...

but after restarting zimbra i do not see the zimbra social tab (perhaps i am not looking in the right place - where is it meant to be and what does it look like > can anyone post a screen shot of what these zimlet tabs look like) ... or tabs for any other zimlets for that matter ..

the only reference to zimlets that i can see on my machine when i open Zimbra is when i go to advanced search ... then there is a zimlet tab ... it only shows a check box for phone number and url ... nothing else ... there is no zimlet tab under preferences, which is where i would have expected to see the zimlet tabs...

searching on this forum shows quite a number of threads asking how to get these zimlets working ... but the answers do not seem to be very clear ...

again, can anyone post some clear instructions as to how to install these so that they work ... please

Jup i am finding myself with the same trouble, i could not get the zimlet to work in ZD. Do you need to activiate anything first to enable zimlets?

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Narev View Post
    Jup i am finding myself with the same trouble, i could not get the zimlet to work in ZD. Do you need to activiate anything first to enable zimlets?
    I'm assuming the o/p question was about ZD 1.x, is that what you're using and if so did you follow the steps in post #2?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    I'm assuming the o/p question was about ZD 1.x, is that what you're using and if so did you follow the steps in post #2?
    The thing is i always assumed to use zd 2.0 but i just found out i was not, this is why it did not work for me. To all who do not see the zimlet window, make sure you are using zd 2 :]