Thread: How to redirect ZD 2 user data from C:...\Local Settings\Application Data\

Default How to redirect ZD 2 user data from C:...\Local Settings\Application Data\

Hi,

I've installed Zimbra Desktop 2.0 as soon as it is released (Feb.12). Tested on a WinXP box with multiple Remote Desktop connection and ZD 2 program loads with different accounts as configured by different users simultaneously. Responsive and quick. (Concurrent remote desktop session on WinXP SP2 does not allow this by default I just made some tweaking ).

My question is this:

During ZD 1 we always put the default installation to D:\zdesktop. This way it is easy to retrieve all users mails and signature settings once we format C:\ (We are using Google Aps Standard for email).

For ZD 2, only the program files can be redirected. The user data resides on C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Local Settings\Application Data\. It is also a folder that can't be included in a roaming profile on a Windows Domain. (or tell me how)

Is there a way to redirect the user data files in another folder or network drive? I hope this option is available in upcoming GA release.

ZD 2 definitely looks good and much much more responsive!
    More power!!

thanks.

Yes you are right. At the moment there's no way to easily change this. An RFE has been filed for this feature: https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=43474

Actually there is a trick you can do on windows:

https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=44608#c1

But you need to resync all the messages.

The instruction uses Vista as an example.

In your case (Win XP), just replace "C:\Users\username\AppData\Local" to "C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Local Settings\Application Data\"; and you can just edit zdrun.vbs inside Program Files\... without copying it out first.