Thread: Unauthorised access - zdesktop 2.0b1

Default Unauthorised access - zdesktop 2.0b1

I am clicking on desktop icon and i am getting "Unauthorized access" I have both data file and app in my home (in different folder)

Second question is, can i migrate from existing 1.0 to 2.0 ? data is 1.2 GB. difficult to download again.

this is a known issue. zd 2 does not work if you have not uninstalled your zd 1.0.x on windows.

in theory, you should be able to export your data from 1.0 and import it back to 2.0.

but zd 2's import function does not work very well and we are trying to address that in beta 2, which is coming out in about 2-3 weeks.

if you don't have any local data (local folder not used; or not using POP accounts, etc.), you should be able to resync everything down to 2.0 from servers, right?

Quote Originally Posted by jigarshah View Post
    I am clicking on desktop icon and i am getting "Unauthorized access" I have both data file and app in my home (in different folder)

Second question is, can i migrate from existing 1.0 to 2.0 ? data is 1.2 GB. difficult to download again.

I am on linux. And i have specified all folders differently then 1.0.

ZD 1.0 is installed using RPM and it has everything in <home>/zimbra.
    ZD 2.0 is installed using tar and its application location is at /op/zdesktop and data location is at <home>/zdesktop2.

so as far as i understand, technically, they all are separate. So I think its should have worked (Note: /opt has user permission, so should not be an issue.)

I will be glad to help. Hope to see zdesktop has improved UI in 2.0. Earlier UI looks too old fashion

what are the command lines look like for zd desktop launchers, for both 1.0 and 2.0?

you can right-click on the desktop icons, then Properties

ZD 2.0 is installed using tar and its application location is at /op/zdesktop and data location is at <home>/zdesktop2.

so as far as i understand, technically, they all are separate. So I think its should have worked (Note: /opt has user permission, so should not be an issue.)

I will be glad to help. Hope to see zdesktop has improved UI in 2.0. Earlier UI looks too old fashion

this is actually a bug of zd 2.0. there is an easy workaround. please refer to my last post at this thread:

http://www.zimbra.com/forums/error-r...tml#post174913