Thread: Cannot connect to server.

Hybrid View

Default Cannot connect to server.

I posted yesterday but have no idea how to find the posting to see if anyone answered. Very confusing forum.
    Yesterday I started to get a virus warning from my AVG anti virus. Then it was told zimbra could not connect to the server altho I had no problem surfing the web. Then a message that "the connection was refused when trying to connect to 127.0.0.1:7633. Uninstalled, installed, logged off and on, after trying over and over I got "no results" in the window pane....blank.

Today it opened and I thought you had found the problem and fixed it as I did find others saying they had the same problem. After opening two accounts just fine the virus error message came up again. Then I got a send zimbra error report which I did. Now I get "cannot connect to server" and "no results' in the windowpane.

Don't you send replies to our email inboxes? How will I ever find this post to see if you answer. bellestarr99@yahoo.com

did you try remove AVG or change default port of zimbra? Maybe AGV blocked your port

AVG hadn't interfered with zimbra until a couple days ago, been using it a few weeks. What other port can I assign, where and how do I do it.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by bellestarr View Post
    I posted yesterday but have no idea how to find the posting to see if anyone answered. Very confusing forum.
    There's nothing confusing about the forums, it has a search function you can use or just click on your forum name then 'Search for all posts by..'.

Quote Originally Posted by bellestarr View Post
    Don't you send replies to our email inboxes? How will I ever find this post to see if you answer. bellestarr99@yahoo.com
    Yes, replies are sent to the email address you specified when you registered on the forums, there were no replies to that thread so I'll remove it as you've now duplicated the thread..
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

The email says i have a reply from dalmate but I don't see it on this page. I still don't know how to change the port or fix whatever is blocking desktop. I don't see anywhere in AVG (I just upgraded the free AVG to it's latest version) to click on permission or ?

Default connection was refused

i have the same "connection was refused when attempting to contact 127.0.0.1:7633" and I am using zone alarm extreme security, but this was working fine with the same zone alarm until the previous version a week ago, what can i do now?

Quote Originally Posted by ranbir View Post
    i have the same "connection was refused when attempting to contact 127.0.0.1:7633" and I am using zone alarm extreme security, but this was working fine with the same zone alarm until the previous version a week ago, what can i do now?
    You haven't said which version of Zimbra Desktop you have installed, which is it? Have you checked Zonealarm (you also haven't mentioned which version of that you're running) to find the problem? It's most likely interfering with ZD either by inspecting the incoming mail or blocking access to the ZD core service.
    Regards

Bill

hi, i m using zdesktop_1_0_4_build_1833_win32, zone alarm ZASPSetup_91_603_000_en, ZA is always finding a virus from the mails like "Trojan-Spy.HTML.Fraud.gen" "Technical details:

This family of Trojans utilises spoofing technology. The Trojans themselves are contained in fake HTML pages. Messages, purportedly from banks, financial institutions, internet stores, software companies etc. are sent to users. These messages contain a link to the fake page; this link exploits the Frame Spoof vulnerability in Internet Explorer.

The Frame Spoof vulnerability is present in Internet Explorer v. 5.x and 6.x, and detailed in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-004. The bulletin also gives recommendations on how to recognise spoofed sites.

Once a user visits the fake site, and enters account details or personal information, these details will be sent to a malicious remote user, who will then have access to users' confidential information."

what to do

I thought this was a problem with "connection was refused.."?

Quote Originally Posted by ranbir View Post
    Once a user visits the fake site, and enters account details or personal information, these details will be sent to a malicious remote user, who will then have access to users' confidential information."

what to do
    You need to teach your users not to open spam or virus emails and to also not visit suspicious sites nor enter their confidential details anywhere on the net. This is no different for any email client you use, it's a matter of user education and I would hope that the email servers you use have ant-spam technology installed.
    Regards

Bill

it is a matter of "connection was refused when attempting to contact 127.0.0.1:7633" zdesktop_1_0_4_build_1833_win32, zone alarm ZASPSetup_91_603_000_en, as soon as I open the zimbra to read emails, zone alarm gives out this virus messge and connection stops on zd. i m not using any spoof website or fraud website or even opening any webpage at that instance. it is only related to zd and za. any idea?