Thread: Migrate email from Outlook Express

Default Migrate email from Outlook Express

Just installed Zimbra and moved the address book over from a PC running OE.

Can't figure out how to move the email over... was using POP3, so all the email is stored in different .dbx files.

I've read in a couple of areas where you can import into pst and then use a pst wizard to import into zimbra. I can't find this mysterious pst wizard anywhere. I can find the wiki, docs on how to do it, but the wizard itself seems hidden?

I've googled, yahoo'd and no luck.

Thanks... it's probably under my nose, but I can't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by varnco View Post
    Just installed Zimbra and moved the address book over from a PC running OE.

Can't figure out how to move the email over... was using POP3, so all the email is stored in different .dbx files.

I've read in a couple of areas where you can import into pst and then use a pst wizard to import into zimbra. I can't find this mysterious pst wizard anywhere. I can find the wiki, docs on how to do it, but the wizard itself seems hidden?

I've googled, yahoo'd and no luck.

Thanks... it's probably under my nose, but I can't find it.
    Varnco,
    Same here. I've tried pretty much everything from the forums and Google links. Thought I had it when I saved the folders containing my mail into Outlook but it didn't migrate into Zimbra because it was a completely different file type!
    You don't happen to know how to change the default sound, do you. Again, the help is abysmal and I've tried everything by deleting the useless WAV file with one of my own - to no avail!
    How frustrating! I like the look of this client and want to use it but I can't configure it the way it should be so may well ditch it.

For now, I've gone with windows live for email for my wife, as she had hundreds of emails that needed to be moved over.

My daughter is left using Zimbra, as she didn't have any emails that needed to be brought over.. just an address book which imported easily from a .csv save from outlook express.

I believe the pst wizard is not available for the (free) Zimbra Desktop product... it's available only for the Network Editions.

I too like the look/feel of Zimbra, but migrating over was too difficult. I'll look at it again for my wife in a few months.

I haven't messed with any audio functions, but did you change the sound for email in Windows control panel? You can assign pretty much any wave file to replace any standard "functions" there.

Good luck.

You could also create a external account in Outlook Express to the Zimbra server and then copy 'n' paste across ?

Default Outlook Express mail import to Zimbra

Varnco,

I also downloaded W Live but I don't like the look as much as this client. Interestingly, I'm having problems transferring some mail folders from Express to Live (you wouldn't have thought that, would you?)

I can't believe that it's beyond the wit of someone at Zimbra to explain in simple terms how to
    1) Transfer mail from Express, and
    2) Enable sound

Good system, poorly supported for the likes of us.

Moderator, I'd try your suggestion if you could explain just what you mean.

Thanks