Thread: Can i not Modify non-primary Google Calendars in Zimbra?

Hybrid View

Default Can i not Modify non-primary Google Calendars in Zimbra?

Hi All,

I have multiple calendars in Google. Calendars i have created and have full control over. When i add them to Zimbra i can SEE them, but when attempting to add an appointment i am only given the option to add it to the MAIN/Primary google calendar.

Is this a limitation with Zimbra/Google Calendar integration or am i missing something? Thanks!

Rich

Exclamation

I have also noticed that Zimbra Desktop only allows you to add or modify the primary google calendar. How do we add to or modify secondary calendars?

This thread was started almost a year and a half ago, is there anybody that can help?

I have the same problem, can only see and sync the primary calendar

solved it by searching this forum.

go into your google calendar on-line, click settings, click the calendar you want in zimba, click on ICAL in the private address section and copy the URL it gives you.

Back in zimba, create a new calendar, and use checkbox for sync to ical, paste URL.

worked for me

That is correct, you add it that way and it will sync. Now try to add a new appointment to the secondary calendar, you can't, it only gives you the option to add to the primary calendar. Try modifying an existing appointment in the secondary calendar, it will remove it from the secondary calendar and put it into the primary calendar. That is the problem with Zimbra.

Quote Originally Posted by whatapain View Post
    That is correct, you add it that way and it will sync. Now try to add a new appointment to the secondary calendar, you can't, it only gives you the option to add to the primary calendar. Try modifying an existing appointment in the secondary calendar, it will remove it from the secondary calendar and put it into the primary calendar. That is the problem with Zimbra.
    And is the reason I have not used Zimbra since day 1. Bi-directional sync of multiple Google calendars is a must for me. I guess not so important to the masses of Zimbra would have fixed it when I first complained back in 09.