Thread: Few Questions

Default Few Questions

Hi there.

Just installed Zimbra desktop and and trying it out as a possible replacement for Entourage.

Just off the start I have notice one or two odd things that I am sure there are options or fixes for.

I am connecting this to a Kerio mailserver so I do not know if this influences what I am wanting to change at all.

First off it only seems to show up the default calendar in Kerio and none of the other calendars the users has.

Second thing I have noticed is that it has it's default trash and sent folder. Apple mail also has this, but you have the option to remap them to another folder. Is this possible in Zimbra Desktop?

Third thing so far it is that it does not seem to sync down the contacts from my Kerio account. ( have not search for this one yet, but just noticed it so though I would throw it in).

Any advice would be grateful.

Just a update on this.

I found that if you setup the account as an exchange imap account you can then edit the ~/User/zimbra/zdesktop/conf/datasource.properties (mac os x not sure about windows or Linux) file. There is a section in there for exchange that maps folders on the server to local folders. Changing this seems to have resolved the folder mapping issue. although Calendars and contacts still seem to not be working how I would expect them.