Thread: If I upgrade to Hotmail plus will i be able to download and sync all of my folders?

Default If I upgrade to Hotmail plus will i be able to download and sync all of my folders?

I was wondering if I upgrade to Hotmail plus, will I be able to download and sync all of my hotmail folders using the Windows Live Mail account setting. I tried using the pop3 and was able to set up my hotmail but it only gets the inbox of hotmail and no folders. Before I shell out 20 bucks to microsoft I just wanted to know that zimbra would be capable of doing this.

Default Afraid Not

M.S. has disabled the ability for IMAP access for all e-mail clients not using their Delta_sync software. In order to sync all folders with a hotmail account you MUST use either Windows Live Mail or the outlook connector with Outlook.

Then how come it says you can in the wiki's that you can?

Default Because at one time you could

At one time, Microsoft allowed for other e-mail clients such as Zimbra and Thunderbird to access hotmail via the IMAP (type) protocol; sorry but I'm drawing a blank as to what they called it. Outlook Express was also one of those clients. Since then however - Microsoft has changed the rules. Outlook Express has been discontinued and replaced with Windows Live Mail. If you had you been using a 3rd party client like Thunderbird or Zimbra and syncing your folders - you weren't anymore.

Apparently the wiki hasn't been updated. I know the supported e-mail server list for Zimbra has been updated - I remember seeing the new list and hotmail was no longer on it. [Desktop product page I believe.]