Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: ZD2 b2 does not note preferences

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    6

    Default ZD2 b2 does not note preferences

    if I modify the preferences (for example Languages) these are not stored. after the next start I get again the basic adjustments. I have the problem on three systems - two Mac OS an one WinXP.

    someone has an idea?

  2. #2
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,587
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    It works for me, I assume you hit the 'Save' button after making the changes?
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Same issue on Linux (beta2)

    I discovered the same issue:

    The language setting is not stored on my Linux box.

    After restarting the zimbra desktop background process, the language is reset to english.

    For other settings like the theme for example, It works as expected. Though I did not check if the language is the only setting thats not persistent.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    There are some kind of preferences issues with ZD 2.0 beta 2. I just filed a bug detailing an issue where the message reply prefix preferences were not enabled when first starting ZD. They were read and enabled only after visiting the Preferences tab...

    This may be related.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    107
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LadyBug View Post
    There are some kind of preferences issues with ZD 2.0 beta 2. I just filed a bug detailing an issue where the message reply prefix preferences were not enabled when first starting ZD. They were read and enabled only after visiting the Preferences tab...

    This may be related.
    Yup I'm seeing this too. You have a link to the bug report?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ypsilanti, MI
    Posts
    145
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cayaraa View Post
    Yup I'm seeing this too. You have a link to the bug report?
    This is Bug 43867 which is fixed, but won't make it until Beta3/RC1.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    107
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tonster View Post
    This is Bug 43867 which is fixed, but won't make it until Beta3/RC1.
    Hmm, I've been aware of that bug report (and posted in it). I thought I had it fixed by changing my timeout and editing some of the zimbra desktop code (I never get kicked back to the account selection screen anymore). I suppose this could be related though.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ypsilanti, MI
    Posts
    145
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cayaraa View Post
    Hmm, I've been aware of that bug report (and posted in it). I thought I had it fixed by changing my timeout and editing some of the zimbra desktop code (I never get kicked back to the account selection screen anymore). I suppose this could be related though.
    I don't believe there's been any testing or verification by zimbra that end users modifying that code themselves would fix the issue. It might, but I can't confirm or deny it definitively.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    I filed https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=46319
    ZD 2.0 beta 1 worked fine.

    The bug 43867 discussed above seems different.

Similar Threads

  1. ZD2 doesn't upgrade old version
    By sagelike in forum Error Reports
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-10-2010, 09:52 AM
  2. [SOLVED] Saving mail preferences error
    By klnasveschuk in forum Users
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-04-2010, 12:09 PM
  3. Allow some parts of preferences
    By b.smith in forum Administrators
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-30-2009, 12:42 PM
  4. How to disable language setting in WebClient preferences?
    By Q90Partner in forum Administrators
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-08-2009, 09:52 AM
  5. Outlook 03 - Connector Issue
    By Sonny Ali in forum Zimbra Connector for Outlook
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-06-2007, 10:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •