Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [SOLVED] Zimbra Desktop 2 beta 2 fails to initialize in WinXP

I spoke too soon. Now ZD2 will come up, and it will even get emails. But when she tries to double click to open on email, or go to preferences, it goes back to the "setup" screen. you click "launch desktop" everything will come back up, but these things (and maybe others, I had to get her back going with version 1 to get her back to work) will loop it back to the setup screen everytime.
    Last edited by JohnnyDon; 04-26-2010 at 06:28 AM.

With the Microsoft patch C++ redistributable, my problem persists. When I execute ZD 2 Beta 2, the program returns the following error:

Help me!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyDon View Post
    I spoke too soon. Now ZD2 will come up, and it will even get emails. But when she tries to double click to open on email, or go to preferences, it goes back to the "setup" screen. you click "launch desktop" everything will come back up, but these things (and maybe others, I had to get her back going with version 1 to get her back to work) will loop it back to the setup screen everytime.
    I found our problem, it was our anti-virus resident shield (we us AVG). Adding the "C:\Program Files\Zimbra" path to the exceptions fixed our problems. This worked on a machine that was giving the initializing problem even WITHOUT installing the Microsoft Visual C + + 2008 Redistributable Package (x86). So, if you are getting the initializing then nothing happens when you click OK problem, adding the exception should fix it.

Hello, I have the same problem like Boix. After installing Microsoft patch C++ redistributable ZD2 returned this error: Couldn't access Zimbra Desktop server. If issue persists after reinstall, please check logs for errors and report to Zimbra Desktop - Zimbra :: Forums. My platform is WXPP, but I tested on WXPH and VB with same error. Do You Can help me? Thanks.

By the way: I donīt find anything zimbra log file on my computer.

Default Same issue - ZD 2 Beta fails to initialize

Hi! I have the exact same issue. User is on Windows XP SP3. Was using ZD 2.0. About 11 days ago it just stopped working. "Initializing, please wait" window would come up, then disappear and nothing else. I have tried the following:

1. Uninstalled ZD, deleted Zimbra folder in Program Files, ran a system cleaner and registry cleaner, rebooted, downloaded and installed ZD 7.0.1 Beta version 2 (most recent as of today).
    2. Did a system restore from 4 days prior to when the user first reported the issue. Then re-did all of #1 above.
    3. Followed directions to enable Windows Scripting Host in the registry.
    4. Although the user already had C++ 2008 Redistributable ..., downloaded and reinstalled it anyway.
    5. Some posts regarding this issue with earlier versions of ZD mention enabling Yahoo! Zimbra Desktop service. The user does not have this service. Niether do I, but my XP SP3 system is running ZD just fine, so I'm not sure whether this is still relevant.

None of the above has resolved the issue. The Zimbra log folder is empty and there are no Event logs pertaining to this issue. When trying to launch ZD, if I watch the processes in Task Manager I can see cscript.exe start, but then it closes again. Tried launching zdrun.vbs directly and it just hung there as described in previous posts. After clicking ok, the user got the "Windows Script Host" runtime error message,

Script: C:\Program Files\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop\win32\zdrun.vbs
    Line: 279
    Char: 1
    Error: Path not found
    Code: 800A004C
    Source: Microsoft VBScript runtime error

Any help would be tremendously appreciated. Thanks!