Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: I am talking to myself

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    6

    Angry I am talking to myself

    I have been having my Zimbra account forwarded to my gmail through IMAP. It has been working beautifully--with the sender's name appearing as the sender in gmail so that when I reply, the sender receives my response. Ditto on my Droid phone.

    This weekend, we did a Zimbra upgrade. Now my Zimbra is forwarding everything with my name attached (in droid it is appearing from "me"), and when I reply, I reply to myself rather than to the sender. Ditto on the Droid phone.

    I'm sure there is a simple explanation for this and a simple fix, but I've spent about 4 hours to no avail.

    Any ideas how I can change the settings to return to the "old way"?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    USA, Canada and India
    Posts
    777
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    i2k2 Networks
    Dedicated & Shared Zimbra Hosting Provider

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    So it appears that this is an administrator only fix, and not something I can do on my own, correct?

    Nevertheless, I am very grateful and will forward this to my administrator!

    Thanks!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis MN
    Posts
    777
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Wow, my users were complaining about this after I updated, but I couldn't quite pinpoint it. Great catch guys - and a horrible miss on Zimbra's part *sigh*

    Does anyone have a Bug open to fix this issue yet?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    719
    Rep Power
    9

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    719
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    To identify users affected,

    /opt/zimbra/openldap/bin/ldapsearch -LLL -x -D"`/opt/zimbra/bin/zmlocalconfig -mnokey zimbra_ldap_userdn`" -w"`/opt/zimbra/bin/zmlocalconfig -s -mnokey zimbra_ldap_password`" -H `/opt/zimbra/bin/zmlocalconfig -mnokey ldap_url` zimbraMailSieveScript=*redirect* mail

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis MN
    Posts
    777
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Thanks Rich!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    6

    Angry

    This must be what we ran into when going from 6.0.3 to 6.0.6.

    There goes the migration project :-(


    -joho

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    One other possible work around, that may work for some, is to set up a DL (distribution list) and put the recipients in it. But that only works if you don't need to keep the mail at the account where it arrives. If you need that too, then you'll have to create a secondary account where such e-mail arrives.

    I.e.

    info@domain.com is changed to infosite@domain.com
    info@domain.com is set-up as DL, with infosite@domain.com as a member (+ the additional recipients that you originally had in your filter)


    -joho

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 48
    Last Post: 09-18-2012, 09:49 AM
  2. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-30-2010, 12:59 PM
  3. [SOLVED] Help! After installing 5.0.19, BES stopped talking to handhelds.
    By dpmchris in forum Zimbra Connector for BlackBerry
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-03-2009, 04:03 PM
  4. [SOLVED] Upgraded to 5.0 OSS - Sendmail Problem
    By Chewie71 in forum Installation
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-28-2007, 07:07 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-18-2007, 05:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •