Thread: Worm Generating SPAM

Hybrid View

Default Worm Generating SPAM

Hi All

I have problem with a client, I have a cliente and your email is sending SPAM, but this mail sending es stored in the folder SENT of zimbra,since webmail from ZIMBRA I see 400 mails sending, and the preferences of webmail I can to see the sign have the body of mail that send, mi too can I see forward to mail wwf1012000@gmail.com.

How can I to detect this bug o fail ?? Why change the preferences of the client of webmail ??

Regards.

The body mail have:

WILLIAM WOODS FINANCIAL SERVICES
    BOUY HOUSE,
    Mansfield Road,
    Rotherham, South Yorkshire S60 2EB
    REPLY EMAIL:wwf1012009@9.cn

My name is Mr William Woods,a legitimate loan lender based in the United Kingdom.With our technology we can approve a suitable loan in minutes.we could borrow from 3,000 DOLLARS to 10,000,000 DOLLARS at just 3% interest rate with Flexible repayment over 1 to 30 years.
    SERVICES RENDERED INCLUDES....

*Refinance
    *Home Improvement
    *Inventor Loans
    *Auto Loans
    *Debt Consolidation
    *Line of Credit
    *Second Mortgage
    *Business Loans
    *Personal Loans
    *International Loans
    *Student loans
    Kindly get back to me if you are interested.
    thanks
    William Woods
    Reply email:wwf1012009@9.cn

------=_Part_52714_695271115.1276873595696
    Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html><head><style> body {height: 100%; color:#000000; font-size:12pt; font-family:Times New Roman;}</style></head><body><br><br><br><br>
    <P>WILLIAM WOODS FINANCIAL SERVICES<br>BOUY HOUSE,<br>Mansfield Road,<br>Rotherham, South Yorkshire S60 2EB<br>REPLY EMAIL:wwf1012009@9.cn</P><br><br>
    <P>My name is Mr William Woods,a legitimate&nbsp; loan lender based in the United Kingdom.With our technology we can approve a suitable loan in minutes.we could borrow from 3,000 DOLLARS to 10,000,000 DOLLARS at just 3% interest rate with Flexible repayment over 1 to 30 years.<br>SERVICES RENDERED INCLUDES....</P><br><br>
    <P>*Refinance<br>*Home Improvement<br>*Inventor Loans<br>*Auto Loans<br>*Debt Consolidation<br>*Line of Credit<br>*Second Mortgage<br>*Business Loans<br>*Personal Loans<br>*International Loans<br>*Student loans<br>Kindly get back to me if you are interested.<br>thanks<br>William Woods<br>Reply email:wwf1012009@9.cn</P></body></html>

------=_Part_52714_695271115.1276873595696--

--boundary-1138-29572-2659438-12721--

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by viaris View Post
    Hi All

I have problem with a client, I have a cliente and your email is sending SPAM, but this mail sending es stored in the folder SENT of zimbra,since webmail from ZIMBRA I see 400 mails sending, and the preferences of webmail I can to see the sign have the body of mail that send, mi too can I see forward to mail wwf1012000@gmail.com.
    Sent email from a user account will be stored in the Sent folder. If a specific user is sending spam then I'd suggest you suspend the account until the users fixes his problem.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Hi

Yes, but my user not is using the webmail , the user use the MUA Outlook, I don't understand beacause the sent mail stay in the folder sent of webmail, the other problems is why change the preferences in the webmail ??

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Yes, but my user not is using the webmail , the user use the MUA Outlook, I don't understand beacause the sent mail stay in the folder sent of webmail,
    This isn't the Webmail Sent folder, it's the Sent folder for that account. Any email sent from that account will have a copy stored in the Sent folder whether it's via the Web UI or any connected fat client.

the other problems is why change the preferences in the webmail ??
    I've no idea. You still need to stop this user from sending spam otherwise your server will get blacklisted.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.