Hey All,
We're evaluating Zimbra, so as part of our test, I've installed the Desktop Client on an Ubuntu machine and configured my account accordingly. Presently, I am just experimenting with the client connecting to our existing Exchange 2003 server via IMAP. Our Zimbra test server is not connected to the Exchange server at all - yet. When I pull up my mailbox, one of the first unusual things that I noticed was that with this client, my mailbox was substantially larger (roughly 5 X larger) than what it was on Outlook 2007. My entire mailbox is typically less than 100mb. I show well over 500mb using the Zimbra client. For some odd reason, I can't sort mail by size (can only sort by date, FROM and subject), so I couldn't see if I had something had hit my inbox that was unusually large. I just happened to mouse-over a date in one of the emails, and noticed that it showed my schedule for that particular date. It was at that point that I realized I was seeing other people's schedules.

On a whim, I went to the calendar and found what looks to be numerous people's schedules overlapping each other - but placed on my calendar. I checked, and almost none of the visible schedules / meeting requests have me as a recipient. Is this perhaps a configuration issue I have with the Zimbra client, or does the client query anything that it has the credentials to get information from?

This particular account that I am using is not my administrative account that I use for administering Exchange, but it has been used in the past to do Exmerge's or exporting to PST's for people. That's the only reason I can think that I might be seeing other people's calendars / schedules?

Thoughts?