Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Import/Export between ZD1 and ZD2

i've made that bug public - you may view it now.

but the bug reporter was trying to use 1.0 data directly without going through export/import. so it's irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by obsidian View Post
    I logged a support ticket for this error and this was the reply i received.

Unfortunately it transpires that due to significant internal changes in ZD2 it is not possible to import data from ZD1.
    Access Denied
    We will be changing the entry on the wiki page to reflect this. Apologies for any inconveniences.

Unfortunately i can not view bug 50297 , i get a "You are not authorized to access bug #50297." message.
    So in the end i "imported" my "Local Folders" back to the server with V1 and the opened V2 and export it to "Local Folders" again. Just make sure your mailbox size is big enough to allow it.

do you mind sending a private msg to me with your entire zdesktop.log attached?

in any case, keep your 1.0 data around. we will get them imported to 2.0 for you, even it takes another patch release for 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by cayaraa View Post
    Thats not good..... I know in our case anyone who would be using local folders would be users who want to keep far more mail then their quota allows so moving mail back to the server to be resynced into ZD2 isn't an option.

Thanks for opening a ticket and finding that out obsidian.

When I export a local folder from ZD1 and then attempt to import that file into a local folder on ZD2 I get the "network service error" and the following error message repeated many times in zdesktop.log

2010-10-18 08:48:13,446 WARN [btpool0-1] [mid=1;] misc - system failure: invalid value for flags: 1207959552:

exactly as cayaraa reported above.

Quote Originally Posted by jmhe View Post
    do you mind sending a private msg to me with your entire zdesktop.log attached?
    I sent you a PM but without the log data. Is there a way to attach a file to a PM? I was over the char limit of the PM (by a *lot*) so I couldn't embed the log info in the PM itself.

Lightbulb

hi everyone,

Shall all of you tell us what was the release of your ZD1 when you backup the local folders ?

and what is the release pf your targeted server.

it would be very interesting to know if every release of each part causes the problem or not.
    fyi we use zimbra NE v6.0.10 french under ubuntu (FRANCE,Amiens)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael REMY View Post
    hi everyone,

Shall all of you tell us what was the release of your ZD1 when you backup the local folders ?

and what is the release pf your targeted server.

it would be very interesting to know if every release of each part causes the problem or not.
    I am using build 1833

I am also using build 10580 for the import. I have tried this on different OS (Linux) and on a clean build of both Zimbra and the OS and the problem still exists. I have also tried exporting a very small folder circa 500k and it still happens.

We just opened a bug to track this issue: https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=52712.

So don't lose your 1.0 data yet. Once it's fixed in 2.0.1, you may try to import them again.