Thread: ZDC 1.04(1833) as default on win7?

Default ZDC 1.04(1833) as default on win7?

Is there something we need to do to get ZDC to run as default client on Win 7?
    I've a fresh install, ticked the default setting in Preferences. Told Thunderbird to not be default...
    I have a business owner calling me after upgrading to win7, and he's wondering about why his mailto links to work properly anymore (they worked with XP, of course

Please a little help in the right direction?
    Thank you,
    Rickvv

I see that this might be fixed in ZDC v3B3, is that true?
    Is the beta safe for everyday use on Win7?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by rickvv View Post
    Is there something we need to do to get ZDC to run as default client on Win 7?
    I've a fresh install, ticked the default setting in Preferences. Told Thunderbird to not be default...
    I have a business owner calling me after upgrading to win7, and he's wondering about why his mailto links to work properly anymore (they worked with XP, of course

Please a little help in the right direction?
    Thank you,
    Rickvv

OK, I upgraded to v2B3, and in preferences, ttick is marked to use ZDC as default (AND it's greyed out, so i can't even unselect it).
    But unless I need to reboot, a mailto link on random webpage still opens Thunderbird...
    Help?
    Thnx
    (I'll try a reboot)

Nope. reboot doesn't fix.
    There's a bugzilla that indicates that this might be on the 'next release' of ZDC, which is loosely scheduled for mid-July, it seems.
    Unfortunately that makes it tough for my customer, who's been using ZDC on XP for almost a year, and has gotten mighty used to the convenience of ZD as a default mail handler

Is there anyone who has a better idea of when this will be implemented, so all of our execs who like ZDC can be informed of an ETA, please?

Please?

Thanks very much,
    Rickvv

I'm afraid my response isn't going to be much of an answer to you, but I can tell you that bug 37462 is the one you want to watch. Right now pm.zimbra.com isn't showing any date for the next Beta/RC release of ZD2, and this particular bug is showing as Slotted, not Completed. So trying to nail down an ETA is pretty tough.

The last few releases of ZD have been in lock-step with the ZCS releases. According to PM the next ZCS release is currently targeted for 7/26. We can hope that there will be another ZD release at that point, but even then I wouldn't hold my breath on this particular issue being fixed. Just seems like it is a tough one for the Zimbra programmers to resolve.

Thanks ... hopefully my exec isn't going to make a stink.
    Win7 has been pretty nice for him so far, and he's a big Zimbra fan, but this ZD issue might sour the relationship. Hate to take him back to XP, and hate for him not to have ZD. We'll be patient...
    Thanks for your note.

Quote Originally Posted by soxfan View Post
    I'm afraid my response isn't going to be much of an answer to you, but I can tell you that bug 37462 is the one you want to watch. Right now pm.zimbra.com isn't showing any date for the next Beta/RC release of ZD2, and this particular bug is showing as Slotted, not Completed. So trying to nail down an ETA is pretty tough.

The last few releases of ZD have been in lock-step with the ZCS releases. According to PM the next ZCS release is currently targeted for 7/26. We can hope that there will be another ZD release at that point, but even then I wouldn't hold my breath on this particular issue being fixed. Just seems like it is a tough one for the Zimbra programmers to resolve.