Thread: upgrade from Zimbra Desktop 1 to Zimbra Desktop 2 beta 2

Default upgrade from Zimbra Desktop 1 to Zimbra Desktop 2 beta 2

Hi,

i want to upgrade my zimbra desktop to Version 2 Beta 2, my OS is windows 7.
    how to make all my configuration and all my data (email) can be also upgraded to Version 2 so i dont have to set one by one my email account that already set in version 1 and also i dont have to pull all email from server again?

Please Help me

Thanks,

HELMI

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

As this is a question about Zimbra Desktop not ZCS I'll move it to the correct forum.

Quote Originally Posted by helmi_034 View Post
    i want to upgrade my zimbra desktop to Version 2 Beta 2, my OS is windows 7.
    how to make all my configuration and all my data (email) can be also upgraded to Version 2 so i dont have to set one by one my email account that already set in version 1 and also i dont have to pull all email from server again?
    As mentioned in the release details there is no upgrade path from ZD 1.x to ZD 2.x, you will have to enter the information manually.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    As mentioned in the release details there is no upgrade path from ZD 1.x to ZD 2.x, you will have to enter the information manually.
    sorry for posting in the wrong forum...

back to my question:
    if i have email account that connected using pop3 which is all email will be pulled into local and deleted in the server, so i will lost all my old email if I upgrade to ZD 2 Beta 2?

Thanks

HELMI

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by helmi_034 View Post
    back to my question:
    if i have email account that connected using pop3 which is all email will be pulled into local and deleted in the server, so i will lost all my old email if I upgrade to ZD 2 Beta 2?
    Sorry, for some strange reason I thought you were talking about the account settings. You could try exporting the email then importing it into ZD 2.x.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Sorry, for some strange reason I thought you were talking about the account settings. You could try exporting the email then importing it into ZD 2.x.
    in my first posting, i asked about account setting and also about the email, below my question on my first posting :

"how to make all my configuration and all my data (email) can be also upgraded to Version 2 so i dont have to set one by one my email account that already set in version 1 and also i dont have to pull all email from server again?"

ok i will try to export and import it...

thanks,

HELMI

I cannot get export/import to work between the versions. I get an error shortly after the import starts. I have tried this on Windows (Vista) and Linux and get the same error.