Thread: My Emails have gone missing

Hybrid View

Default My Emails have gone missing

Hi, I right clicked on the ZD icon on the tray and pressed quit, When I restarted ZD all my Emails had disappeared, Problem is I have deleted them from Yahoo mail client and emptied the trash folder as well, How can I get them back I had over 400 Emails. I believe they are stored somewhere on my Hard Drive so how do I Import them back?.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

I'll move this post to the correct forum as it's nothing to do with the Zimbra Collaboration Suite.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKA View Post
    Hi, I right clicked on the ZD icon on the tray and pressed quit, When I restarted ZD all my Emails had disappeared, Problem is I have deleted them from Yahoo mail client and emptied the trash folder as well, How can I get them back I had over 400 Emails. I believe they are stored somewhere on my Hard Drive so how do I Import them back?.
    Zimbra Desktop is an offline mail client and it's meant to synchronise your client (ZD) with your mail server (Yahoo!). When you delete an email in your client it deletes it from the server and vice versa, when you delete a message from the server it deletes it from the client. When you deleted all the mail from your Yahoo account (why did you do that?) and then restarted Zimbra Desktop it synchronised with the server which now has no email and it therefore removed them from Zimbra Desktop.

I don't believe those emails are retained by Zimbra Desktop but you can have a look in the install location, search the wiki (link at the top of this page) for the word 'desktop' and you should find the FAQ describing where emails are stored - see what's in there.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Hi, I deleted them from my yahoo client as it was my understanding ZD would store them to Hard Disk where I would look at them when I was ready and to tidy up my yahoo client mail box, Thanks for your reply, I'm gutted that I have lost them all unless I can find them on my Hard Drive somewhere