Thread: How to brand ZDE 2?

Default How to brand ZDE 2?

Is it possible to brand ZDE 2?

Good job with this new release btw!

Default No ideas???

Does anyone know anything about possibility to brand Zimbra Desktop 2 with your logo etc just like the web client?

I've used the same techniques for ZD and ZWC (ZWC 5.0 Themes). Some things I haven't quite figured out but you can get pretty far with it.

I would vote for an upgraded Themes/skins guide.

Quote Originally Posted by odeleon View Post
    I've used the same techniques for ZD and ZWC (ZWC 5.0 Themes). Some things I haven't quite figured out but you can get pretty far with it.
    Yes, you can customize a skin with your logo etc but how to distribute this skin within the ZD2-installationfile?

I also want to replace "Zimbra" with my name which is possible in the web client.

Well, skining/branding ZD is one thing and having that available in the install package is another.

In my previous post I was talking about the branding part; and I suppose you could look in the Prism config files to change the "zimbra" name on it. I'm not sure if that will do it, but it's the first place I'd look.

About the pre-packaged skin/branding. I'd suggest you look at:Bug 38351 – Ability to Create Custom Installation and, maybe, Bug 44711 – Allow downloading of skins from server.

NOTE: I haven't checked, and I don't know if that would violate the branding guidelines, I'm just offering options
    Last edited by odeleon; 09-15-2010 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Added note on guidelines