Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zimlets

Hello,
    Anybody got a solution??

Quote Originally Posted by w1n4y View Post
    Hey guys,
    I used the instructions listed here but no luck while deploying a zimlet on Zimbra Desktop 2 on Windows 7 64-bit. I also tried out sample zimlets like google translator etc.

It always gives me the same error "upload not found: mail.NO_SUCH_UPLOAD"

Am I missing something?

Here is a bit of the log trace:

com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailServiceException: upload not found: 579b4088-d590-4d1e-8ebb-766653a1c07f:1bb91d13-fe34-4a53-b6c8-98cfe49238c1 ExceptionId:btpool0-7:1288794908557:2d0e1942ed795c65 Code:mail.NO_SUCH_UPLOAD ArguploadId, STR, "579b4088-d590-4d1e-8ebb-766653a1c07f:1bb91d13-fe34-4a53-b6c8-98cfe49238c1") at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailServiceException.NO_SUCH _UPLOAD(MailServiceException.java:257) at com.zimbra.cs.service.FileUploadServlet.fetchUploa d(FileUploadServlet.java:231) at com.zimbra.cs.service.admin.DeployZimlet.deploy(De ployZimlet.java:116)

Thanks
    Can you post the stack trace that appears after that line? There should be more data related to that error following those lines (and perhaps a line or two preceding). Also, what was the path you were uploading from?

I agree with Ivory. The post by Storm is very detailed and so far there are not any (easily findable posts) regarding how to install zimlets for zimbra desktop.

also, the zimlet updater zimletInstallerForWindows.hta didn't seem to work on windows 7, it gave an 'invalid root in registry key' error.

so to those who are having problems they can refer to storm's post in the previous page. thanks for the great post!

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by xforcis View Post
    I agree with Ivory. The post by Storm is very detailed and so far there are not any (easily findable posts) regarding how to install zimlets for zimbra desktop.
    There is a Zimlet section on this wiki with articles about how to develop and deploy Zimlets, it's even on the front page. It's even mentioned in the Zimbra Desktop FAQ: Top 10 FAQ - Zimbra :: Wiki
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

also, the zimlet updater zimletInstallerForWindows.hta didn't seem to work on windows 7, it gave an 'invalid root in registry key' error.

so to those who are having problems they can refer to storm's post in the previous page. thanks for the great post!
    I don't know anything about this 'zimlet updater', which must be a third party app, and thus we don't test or use it. That said, this interface is much improved in ZD2 and further so will be in ZD7. We're also working to implement a much better future fix by integrating with the gallery and allowing zimlets to be installed/updated right from within ZD, rather than requiring you to download the zimlet, then upload it and install it in ZD. Note also, that when downloading zimlets from the gallery, you should ensure that they're compatible with Zimbra Desktop. Some zimlets do not currently work in ZD, so installing them will cause problems.

Hi Phoenix, sorry I didn't mean it that way. What I meant to say was for windows 7 I could not find any posts which worked, except for the post by Storm.

Hi Tonster, the zimlet updater was listed on the wiki @ ZimletDevSetup - Zimbra :: Wiki

I like the part where you mentioned Zimbra will be working on the gallery interface in ZD. This will make it similar to Blackberry AppWorld and Apple's IStore where everything is easy-to-use for the end-user.

My hope is that Zimbra will add-in the Zimbra Instant Messaging which is currently available on webclient into the Zimbra Desktop.

Hi Phoenix, sorry I didn't mean it that way. What I meant to say was for windows 7 I could not find any posts which worked, except for the post by Storm.

Hi Tonster, the zimlet updater was listed on the wiki @ ZimletDevSetup - Zimbra :: Wiki

I like the part where you mentioned Zimbra will be working on the gallery interface in ZD. This will make it similar to Blackberry AppWorld and Apple's IStore where everything is easy-to-use for the end-user.

My hope is that Zimbra will add-in the Zimbra Instant Messaging which is currently available on webclient into the Zimbra Desktop.
    Quite the opposite on the Instant Messaging, actually. IM will be ripped out in a future release of ZCS.

https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=45932